Nhpum Ga map in AP 11 or 12?

Binko

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There was a CG in the works for Nhpum Ga, which is the primary reason we did not include the map in RS (because the CG was not done). I'll poke the dudez involved and see where things stand.
NG came out in the 97 Annual. In that magazine it said that a CG was in the works.

If they haven't finished in 18 years my guess is they never will.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
the real question is what ever happened to John the Gator?! I wonder if he's finally playing that big pile of stuff.....

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Nphum Ga is pronounced as "Noom Ga". -"The Chindit War" by Shelford Bidwell

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
NG came out in the 97 Annual. In that magazine it said that a CG was in the works.

If they haven't finished in 18 years my guess is they never will.
not entirely true...

VotG was in design for over 10 years. FB was in design for at least as long. HP was how long in design?? ( shudder). APs were originally going to be stopped, I believe. ( See where that one went) the gap between Journal issues? ( And that's just for a magazine and some scenarios).; Then there is Dinant, Ortona, KWASL - all " on again - off - again" - just to name a few.

MMP needs to take a larg quantity of time on their releases - because once it IS out - it is immediately " official" - in every respect.

How long did we wait for AoO?

Nope - willing to give them a chance to do a good job on NG for a CG - rather than a lashed up job.

KRL, Jon H

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jon, I concur that MMP takes the time to get things right. I opine that the lack of any update-- more so than the amount of time since Annual '97-- is the reason to believe that a Nphum Ga CG is unlikely. Of course, if there is a person/group willing to develop it...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I think there was a musical about this:

"Nhpum Ga will come out, tomorrow,
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
There'll be DRs."

JR

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would rephrase this as MMP takes time, regardless of whether it gets it right or not.
Which MMP products do you regard as having taken in excess of 12 years from initial advertisement to the ASL community to their final released form to have been done "incorrectly"?

That questions leaps out from your rather glib statement.

Personally, I do not see any that have collapsed as failures after begin developed in excess of 12 years or longer.
( Rapid releases, are another item entirely. Thankfully, they are also rather rare from MMP.)

KRL, Jon H

Danish

CyberASL Open Tournament Director
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Chas, did we ever get an answer to this one?

Mike205

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, the long lost Nhpum Ga map was not included in Rising Sun.
With the new PTO oriented Action Packs coming up, would it be possible to reprint it in one of those?
It is Burma after all.
Bumpity bump bump. I'll lend my voice to the call for a Nhpum Ga reprint. It was so much fun to play but I never got to pick it up, and I'm not about to pay Ebay prices for it.