BFP working on a Hurtgen CG?

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Is BFP still working on a Hurtgen CG? I couldn't find anything on the BFP website. Thanks.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Great, thanks. I was hoping this was still true. I was confused because I saw a different Hurtgen product out there.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I would wholeheartedly agree with von M's comments. While component quality from CH can vary, at best can just be a half notch below BFP, there is no doubt that in regard to the less physical things like scenarios, play testing, rules and proofreading BFP leads CH by a mile.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I would wholeheartedly agree with von M's comments. While component quality from CH can vary, at best can just be a half notch below BFP, there is no doubt that in regard to the less physical things like scenarios, play testing, rules and proofreading BFP leads CH by a mile.
It was first announced by BFP, then CH released a similar module, the map is very nice as are the counters from CH. But as said the rest can be a bit , mmm , dodgy. The BFP one will no doubt be the superior one in all aspects as everything is well playtested. I have won a copy of it in this years BFP raffle so when I get that in the future I can then make better comment.

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Besides, with BFP you are almost gusrenteed a ship load of scenarios to go with the map. Additionally, they are likely to support the map in future as well.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Besides, with BFP you are almost gusrenteed a ship load of scenarios to go with the map. Additionally, they are likely to support the map in future as well.
Its good to be 'gusrenteed', I think...:crosseye:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was first announced by BFP, then CH released a similar module, the map is very nice as are the counters from CH. But as said the rest can be a bit , mmm , dodgy. The BFP one will no doubt be the superior one in all aspects as everything is well playtested. I have won a copy of it in this years BFP raffle so when I get that in the future I can then make better comment.
I once had a long phone conversation with Eddie Zeman of HOB and at one point he stated that HOB had to quit announcing upcoming products, because CH would get word and quickly publish a module on the same topic before they could release their version.

These days I don't think it matters what CH is publishing as most people will wait for the other version. Still can't believe that people buy CH after the blatant copying of the TOT scenarios, but you can't always put a face on stupid.

Last edited:

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I once had a long phone conversation with Eddie Zeman of HOB and at one point he stated that HOB had to quit announcing upcoming products, because CH would get word and quickly publish a module on the same topic before they could release their version.

These days I don't think it matters what CH is publishing as most people will wait for the other version. Still can't believe that people buy CH after the blatant copying of the TOT scenarios, but you can't always put a face on stupid.
Zeman told me that to 'test' that theory when he was asked by RT what HoB was working on next, he said, "Gembloux" though they had no such plans. Viola, a short time later CH released Gembloux the Feint, confirming Zeman's suspicions. Sadly, Zeman proved to have demons of his own that led him to make some unethical decisions that impacted others, including yours truly. Oh well, live and learn.

-N

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All y'all will be impressed with Huertgen when it is released. It's gonna be awesome!!

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's what she said......
She did when I paid $125 to have the playtest laminated in heavy gauge matte film so that it would not get torn up while we were playtesting. Sad thing is the original map that we worked on has changed. So now it's even better! Am not gonna get away with that expenditure twice <G>

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
What units would be featured in such a campaign game? Honestly I look at the whole battle as one of the rare post-1942 German victories. Was it an offensive? No, but they held off the Allies pretty damn successfully and caused the kinds of casualties we weren't prepared for. Lack of air power probably was a factor, but you can see what could have happened if the Ardennes offensive didn't speed up the war by a few months.

The Rangers were completely destroyed in this battle when they were stupidly committed as heavy/shock infantry instead of what they were designed for. This is one of the times it would be acceptable to have higher morale alternate counters, since they are going to take heavy casualties. The only other Ranger scenarios I know of are the Merrill's Marauders from an old annual, where it isn't an issue. Anyway I see their inclusion as a selling point, even if their battle was a failure.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Just give us Poland! I'm really stoked about it.