Hakkaa Päälle! Errata and FAQ

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Will be collecting an unofficial list here. Hopefully the errata stays very short! :bite:

Errata
Chapter B: on Chapter B replacement page B43, Footnote 3A should be Footnote 3B, and new Footnote 3A from the Journal 10 Debriefing should be added.

H190 reference to rule E7.312. This should be E3.712.
H190 errata for rule H1.83: also delete all "/x" from all entries in the ATR column, i.e., remove all information related to Finns from the H1.83 table.

LANO AA: should have "MA:AA" on the back
SMK: MA should be “76” not “76*”.
T-100: MA should be “76” not “76*”.

(scenario errata is below together with scenario FAQ)

FAQ

Which boards and overlays are required?
161 Arctic Crossroads boards: 16, 17, 19, 44 overlays: B5, Wd4, Wd5, OW1
162 Armored Car Savikurki boards: 42 overlays: Wd4, Wd5
163 Stopped Cold boards: 5, 7 overlays: OG1
164 Torment At Tormua boards: 32, 34, 42, 52 overlays: none
165 Nothing But Courage boards: 17, 24, 42, 44 overlays: OW1, RR8, RR11, RR13
166 Skiiing In Lapland boards: 4, 19 overlays: Hi9, OW1, Wd4, Wd5, Wd12, Wd34
167 Breakout From Prääzä boards: 32, 52 overlays: St1, Wd1
168 Forest Bastion boards: 37, 39 overlays: Wd3
169 Night Fans boards: 26, 27, 28 overlays: Hi8, Hi9, Hi11, Hi12, X9
170 11th Company Counterattack boards: 8, 40 overlays: RR3, RR4, RR6, RR12
171 Retaking The VKT Line boards: 5, 16, 17, 19, 42, 52 overlays: B1, B2, B4
172 The Last Attack boards: 17, 32, 44, 52 overlays: Hi8, Hi12, X15
173 Father Sunshine boards: 37, 50 overlays: O5
174 Lagus Assault Guns boards: 17, 32 overlays: none
175 Hunters At Ylimaa boards: 35, 37 overlays: none
176 The Only Way Out: boards: 7, 39 overlays: Wd3, Wd4, Wd5
177 Anabasis boards: 2, 19 overlays: none

What are those turrets with the little star on then?
These are for AFVs equipped with searchlights. See the Russian Multi-Applicable Vehicle Note P on chapter H pages provided in HP!.

What does the notes on the backside of the Finnish 2-8 LMG mean?
This SW is subject to increased chance of breakdown during Mud or Snow, please see footnote 2 in the "FINNISH SW ALLOTMENT CHART" on page H187.

Which German / Hungarian counters are included?
Hungarian counters:
8 × 1-2-6(5) Vehicle Crews - replacement counters (AoO counters did not have Morale Level of 6).

German counters:
5 × JgdPz VI - replacement counters (BV3 counters white dots under red 26 AF.).

4 × FT-17 730(f) - from Pegasus Bridge.
2 × FT-17 730m(f) - from Pegasus Bridge.
5 × 38H 735(f) - from Pegasus Bridge.
5 × 35-S 739(f) - from Pegasus Bridge.
2 × SPW S307(f) - from Pegasus Bridge.
2 × mSPW S307(f) - from Pegasus Bridge.
2 × GSW 39H(f) - from Pegasus Bridge.
3 × GSW 39H(f) PaK - from Pegasus Bridge.

3 × SturmTiger - from Armies of Oblivion/OVHS.
3 × SPW 251/21 - from KGP I / FB.
3 × Sdkfz 10/5 - from Armies of Oblivion/VotG

4 × StuG IIIG (L) - from Beyond Valor (to bring the total up to 6)

167 Breakout From Prääzä,
Delete the "are" in the EXC. I.e. it should say [EXC: Prisoners do not count].

168 Forrest Bastion
Q: Are the PFZ placed before or after the hex for the offboard observer is recorded?
A: Before. The PFZ are placed in the step "Check for the presence of all other terrain changes/conditions, and implement if/as required." in the ASOP PRE-GAME SEQUENCE.

172 The Last Attack
Errata: SSR 1 states that Road 52R8-EE6 is a path. Should be 52R6-EE6.

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Thanks for that provisional list.

Minor addition/correction, there were 4 SdKfz 251/21 in FB as well as the 2 in KGP.

Interesting in that only 4 out of 17 scenarios use the included board 52.

larth

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The modules listed are those with the same IDs as the vehicles in HP. E.g. the SPW 251/21 has ID "D" and "E", the same as those in KGP I. From Reid's armory listing, it looks like "D" was also included in FB.

There are lot of other boards than 52 with woods. The PTO boards are really well suited to some of the situations.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The modules listed are those with the same IDs as the vehicles in HP. E.g. the SPW 251/21 has ID "D" and "E", the same as those in KGP I.
IIRC, most of the vehicles in HP do have new ID-letters. When I made the above list, I missed that the SPW 251/21 was also in FB.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The modules listed are those with the same IDs as the vehicles in HP. E.g. the SPW 251/21 has ID "D" and "E", the same as those in KGP I. From Reid's armory listing, it looks like "D" was also included in FB.

There are lot of other boards than 52 with woods. The PTO boards are really well suited to some of the situations.
I am not too worried about the ID letters as I have many duplicate counter sets. Total numbers is more important and the fact that the 251/21 is now an official core counter, along with the PB beute French stuff.

I am not complaining about the lowish use of board 52, just something caught my eye. I agree that the (originally) jungle boards are well suited to Finland. There is more to Finland than woods, snow and reindeer; mosquitoes, swamp, marsh, streams, Santa and, oh, did I mention the mosquitoes, clouds of them. In summer time you can eat all you want by just breathing.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
would be nice if it ever shows up. Been on pre-order long before the 740 was reached.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hungarian counters:
8 × 1-2-6 Vehicle Crews - replacement counters (AoO counters did not have an unbroken Morale Level of 6.).
Some earlier thread/post mentioned 1-2-7 Hungarian Vehicle Crews. Was that a typo?

Will they be: 1-2-7(6) or 1-2-6(6)?

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will be collected an unofficial list here. Hopefully very short! :bite:

Errata
Chapter B: on Chapter B replacement page B43, Footnote 3A should be Footnote 3B, and new Footnote 3A from the Journal 10 Debriefing should be added.

H190 reference to rule E7.312. This should be E3.712.

LANO AA: should have "MA:AA" on the back
SMK: MA should be “76” not “76*”.
T-100: MA should be “76” not “76*”....
Ugh. I despise incorrect counters.

Anything else can be crossed out and dealt with. But in the heat of battle, counters are taken at face value and not questioned. I had some American infantry counters (from Kampfgruppe Pieper?) with incorrect morale that plagued my games for years.

MMP hear my prayers, please release corrected counters with the very next Journal.

Reactions: bis

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And as long as they are putting counters in the next journal I would recommend the French errata counters from CdG (even though I have the replacement counters) and the American LMG counters from Code of Ho for those of us that already had the Pacific modules and didn't purchase the new re-release.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
And while we are at it, how about replacing the VotG T34 m41 counters with ST turrets with ones with RST turrets.

EDIT: I agree with throwing in the Lewis gun counters that came anew in RS, but I would also like to see them in British, Chinese and Allied Minor colours, maybe Axis Minor as well as nearly every everyone on the planet had them. They would also stand in for old WW1 MG 08/15 (a 'light', well lighter, version of the water cooled maxim MG 08) in German colours.

Last edited:

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Errata being added to the HP Armory! Thanks.

Also, to Paul's post above Maxims in Finnish colors, after reading "Frozen Hell" this was their main HMG.

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland

Also, to Paul's post above Maxims in Finnish colors, after reading "Frozen Hell" this was their main HMG.
I was more thinking about the Germans using WW1 MG 08 (69 kg) and MG 08/15 (a WW1 attempt at a LMG, 18 kg) with fortress and second line troops. The Hungarian MMG/HMG do well to stand in for the tripod MG 08, but not for the MG 08/15. Something like the Lewis (13 kg) counter seems a reasonable fit for the old MG 08/15, 2 FP, range 6 and PP2 seems about right, at 18 kg (40 lbs) it is mobile but still a bit of a beast.

The Finns, as far as I know, used variants of the Russian/Soviet Maxim PM m1910 in 7.62x54mmR rather than the German MG 08 in 7.92x57mm. I am less sure about the use of the full Sokolov wheeled and shielded mounting though. I don't have HP yet, but I am sure they have the appropriate MMG/HMG counters which should be the same as the existing Soviet MMG/HMG with the possible exception of their PP number. The Finns standardised on Russian calibres as that was what was most available at Finnish independence. It also meant that captured Soviet arms and ammunition could be used without problems.

Despite what at first glance seems a misinterpretation of my post, it turns out that the Lewis did see Russian and likely some Soviet service, between 10k and 20k shipped to the Russians in WW1. I bet the Finns also grabbed some and the Germans also used captured Lewis guns in both WW1 and WW2. So Lewis guns all round, cheers :drink:!

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
...I don't have HP yet, but I am sure they have the appropriate MMG/HMG counters which should be the same as the existing Soviet MMG/HMG with the possible exception of their PP number...
IIRC, the Finnish-colored MMG(r) counters are identical the Russian counterpart. The HMG(r) has the same PP, FP, & range, but the Finnish version can be dismantled. I asked the designer about this and he showed me that the Finns altered the captured Russian HMGs to this effect.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ugh. I despise incorrect counters.

Anything else can be crossed out and dealt with. But in the heat of battle, counters are taken at face value and not questioned. I had some American infantry counters (from Kampfgruppe Pieper?) with incorrect morale that plagued my games for years.

MMP hear my prayers, please release corrected counters with the very next Journal.
Time for me to buy some grey model paint to cover up the *

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Appreciate your work on the Armory. Assume there is an update coming in the near term (?).

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Time for me to buy some grey model paint to cover up the *
The SMK and T-100 are Soviet tanks. Neither was captured by the Finns or the Italians. They were land battleships, so maybe gray is appropriate anyway.

JR