American Sniper

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I saw the movie this weekend. I thought it was interesting to see the effect the war had on Kyle's perspectives. It is an interesting parallel to my own brother, who has been a prison guard in New Yard for close to 25 years. He has also become hardened and insensitive to some segments of society which is definitely not the way he was raised or how I remember him before he took the job. It solidifies in my mind the absolute necessity for dehumanization to effectively subjugate or rule people. It they are chattel, they are beneath compassion and empathy. -- jim

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Do the mods really have to keep moving this thread? What was wrong with it being in the Chit Chat area?

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought the movie was ok. nothing big and to get fussy about. I am sure people will disagree with me, but I was kind of bored by the end.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought the movie was ok. nothing big and to get fussy about. I am sure people will disagree with me, but I was kind of bored by the end.
I have to say I agree with you. Had the same choppy story feel like Heartbreak Ridge.