GTA V Earns 800 mil in ONE DAY

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

‘Grand Theft Auto V’ Earns $800 Million in a Day, More than Worldwide Haul of ‘Man of Steel’

Been saying it for years: when a game can make 800 million in ONE DAY, the old media - TV and movies - are effectively dead. Hence, why the old media goes out of its way to ignore/disparage video games. Having said that, the video games industry needs to watch out: from where I sit, they are largely adopting the worst habits of the old media - endless sequels, FX over substance, etc. They won't stay on top for long if they continue to do that.

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I managed to play it for several hours yesterday (didn't find bed until about 3 am). Definitely some good stuff!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I managed to play it for several hours yesterday (didn't find bed until about 3 am). Definitely some good stuff!
Seeing how it made bug bucks, I figure we won't see a PC port of it. Rockstar only ports over titles that don't do as well as they expected on the consoles.

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seeing how it made bug bucks, I figure we won't see a PC port of it. Rockstar only ports over titles that don't do as well as they expected on the consoles.
I'm personally OK with that. There are games that scream "console" and games that scream "PC" to me. And they rarely cross paths in my own personal experience. I'm still mystified how anyone can seriously play a FPS using one of those controllers...

Celenna

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSweden

‘Grand Theft Auto V’ Earns $800 Million in a Day, More than Worldwide Haul of ‘Man of Steel’

Been saying it for years: when a game can make 800 million in ONE DAY, the old media - TV and movies - are effectively dead. Hence, why the old media goes out of its way to ignore/disparage video games. Having said that, the video games industry needs to watch out: from where I sit, they are largely adopting the worst habits of the old media - endless sequels, FX over substance, etc. They won't stay on top for long if they continue to do that.

Dang^^

No surprise they are not in a hurry to release on PC :D

They are probably still counting the moneyyy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't figure out how people can use a mouse in a heated battle, never could get decent accuracy that way myself.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't figure out how people can use a mouse in a heated battle, never could get decent accuracy that way myself.
Welcome to the forum Codex and, I find that using the mouse is far easier in most types of games than a controller, especially for shooters. I find that sports games, fighting games, racing games, JRPGs, platformers, and most action-adventure games work best on the console while strategy games, RPGs, shooters, and a few odds and ends work better on the PC.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome to the forum Codex and, I find that using the mouse is far easier in most types of games than a controller, especially for shooters. I find that sports games, fighting games, racing games, JRPGs, platformers, and most action-adventure games work best on the console while strategy games, RPGs, shooters, and a few odds and ends work better on the PC.
I wonder if it's a person-specific thing, accuracy with mouse vs. controller. I've played a few games across platforms, and I always struggle on devices that I don't regularly use, such as the mouse, keyboard, or say an X-box controller or even one of those knockoff console controllers you can plug into a PC.