Compass Rose

Reaction score
HPS just released Jutland Update 1.07.

The Update includes:

Changes for Jutland V1.07
- Initial John Tiller Software release.
- Added Settings Option for displaying icons in Jump and Ultra Zoom-Out
Charts.
- Added Optional Rule for seeing owned ship-fired torpedoes at all ranges.
- Added ability to view Database Dialog from Help Menu in Order of Battle
Editor.
- Added additional zoom-out view.

The update can be located here: http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/updates/up_NavCamps/Updates_NavCamps.asp

Tim41

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just purchased (I should say repurchased) Jutland, Tsushima, GC and Midway (new) and applied the patches from HPS to bring the games up (except Midway) to 1.07. The scenario editor for Expansion Pack Navies was the first thing I tested and not only did it not work, the system shut down the game (Windows Professional 7, 64 bit). If I want to create an Expansion Pack scenario, what is the step by step? I am not computer savvy, so please be clear.

DEB

Reaction score
Country
ll
I just purchased (I should say repurchased) Jutland, Tsushima, GC and Midway (new) and applied the patches from HPS to bring the games up (except Midway) to 1.07. The scenario editor for Expansion Pack Navies was the first thing I tested and not only did it not work, the system shut down the game (Windows Professional 7, 64 bit). If I want to create an Expansion Pack scenario, what is the step by step? I am not computer savvy, so please be clear.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but :

See the "changes" ( .txt ) file. It reads something like this near the top : "V1.06 contains updates not compatible with the 1.04 Jutland Expansion Pack, therefore the Jutland Expansion Pack is no longer available!" [ Note I have reworded this a little to make it clearer !! ]

The Jutland expansion pack will therefore not work / cannot be used with the Jutland 1.06 & 1.07 updates. If you really want to use the expansion pack and you have the 1.05 version of the game "backed up" somewhere, then you could / should "restore" the older version of the game.

NB: Before you do a restore, you should move the newer 1.07 version to a new folder, to avoid the restore overwriting the newer game. I.E. if you currently have the newer game stored in a "HPS Simulations" folder, you should create a new folder named ( say ) "HPS Sims", and copy the newer 1.07 version of the game to there. The "HPS Simulations" folder would then hold the older 1.05 version of the game ( after the restore ) and the "HPS Sims" folder would hold the newer 1.07 version. Note that any future patches would need to be carefully applied to the new "HPS Sims" folder ( using the browse function button ), to avoid erasing the 1.05 version ( again ). Good Luck !!!

NBB: It occurs to me that any older version may be on another PC ??? If so, copy it to a memory stick, rename it's folder and then transfer it to the new PC. Any future patches can then go directly to the 1.07 version without any change to the path chosen ( via browse button ) by the patch download.

Hope this helps...