ASL in Aberdeen

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Thanks to Vinnie for hosting us, and for the biscuits too! Not only was it great to catch up with Martin and Steve, but it was good to put a face to Paul_RS after reading his posts on here for years. The trick now is how to fit in a curry with the boys before I leave Aberdeen (although I'm thinking of coming back next weekend to deliver wine anyway.....)
The other highlight was seeing the new LFT deluxe pack and the little LFT mini charts - very impressed with both and I may well have to put my hand in my pocket for them. Curses, more money!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Vinnie you're such a cute little Panda, why do they want to shoot you so much?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I don't think either of them expected me to photograph them. I've been taking photos of my games for a while now to do AARs and if you are on the Facebook site you can follow pretty much in real time.
I'll get an war done for here soon but need tonupload the photos to photo bucket if I'm to write it on my tablet.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Jeez, enough with the negative waves Moriarty! it was a fun filled, light hearted evening and a great game. The fact that Paul and I look like a dog crapped in our dinner notwithstanding :)

And for the record, Vinnie and I beat the living snot out of Steve and Paul.

The biscuits went down really well with my god children tonight, even though the dogs got their noses well and truly into the box when I wasn't looking. I WILL be taking the box back to NZ with me, I'm sure I'll find something to put it into!

They look like they managed to play each other and both lose :laugh:

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
They look like they managed to play each other and both lose :laugh:
What can I say... youth's first flush is but a distant memory. Either that or it's me contemplating the prospect of playing my first ftf game in months and it turns out to be Japs in dense jungle on deluxe boards (no pressure then...no additional stuff to drag up from the failing memory banks...) having been up since dark o'clock that morning :OHNO:

Good fun though. Finally headed off home at around 00:30 up for 18 hours and counting :crosseye:

Paul

Last edited:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You know that smell so well, waking up to it every morning Trailer Boy!
I DON'T LIVE IN A TRAILER! :hissyfit:

I'm hard of smelling. I claim it's a self defense mechanism. When I was in the 3rd/4th grade some friends had a milk container with something in it. They said smell it and I unknowingly took a huge whiff. It was bleach. It hurt but I was ok after a little while. I realized a few years ago that must be what did it.

spooner

Reaction score
Country
ll
What can I say... youth's first flush is but a distant memory. .......................
Your not doing so bad, the last ship reunion I went to I got asked if I'd been working/trapped in a pie factory

........Finally headed off home at around 00:30 up for 18 hours and counting......... Paul
Used be able to do more than that, & still be able to do a run ashore.

When are you haggises going raiding south of the boarder next ? Now that we are all one happy family again.