Comparison of Gamesquad Combat Mission Forum: Jan-Mar 2011 to Jan-Mar 2014

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I don't agree with Elvis about much.

He's 100% dead-bang-spanking-super-duper-coffee-sumfink right about this right here.

-dale
I don't always drink Coffee, but when I do, I mix in a little dextroamphetamine...stay thirsty my friends.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great traffic y'all got on this board here.

Really Tom T Terrific.

The sponsors of the Elvis-Nuttername Forum should be proud.

Very very proud.

-dale

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Really Tom T Terrific.

Very very proud.

-dale
Your master invited us all to go somewhere else. Didn't he tell you? I hope he at least left a bowl of clean water out for you.

mOBIUS

Reaction score

Really Tom T Terrific.

Very very proud.

-dale
You know on that Groghead site since May 04 48% of the posts were just by two people.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know on that Groghead site since May 04 48% of the posts were just by two people.
I don't go to many different forums but I have noticed this in the ones I do check out. If it isn't a specialized one, like the BFC forum, most of the action seems to be started by a small number of people. A great example is the Political forum on dosomefink. It can be a very active place but when Dirtweasel doesn't post for a few days, all discussion seems to stop. Most of the posters there share his political point of view but when he isn't posting the conversations dry up quickly. Dorosh runs away and the people that post in agreement with him or dissention, have nothing to riff off of.

NUTT recently started a thread that I thought was very interesting and fun to read, regarding flamethrowers. I just didn't know how to comment on it. I suppose I should have at least said "thanks.....that was a cool read".

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Either way the forum situation is a large part of the wargames decline. Grogheads isn't enough better than GS to make a decisive difference.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
'Yawl'? People in Mini-Soda say y'all? Maybe Tom T Terrific says it? How about Captain K Kangaroo? He say it? dale m moop says it?

wengart

Reaction score
Country
ll
Either way the forum situation is a large part of the wargames decline. Grogheads isn't enough better than GS to make a decisive difference.
I've actually been wondering about this. While super detailed wargames have definitely taken a hit I've been seeing a number of good slightly more abstracted games get released.

Unity of Command and Ultimate General: Gettysburg comes to mind.

There is also stuff like the Flashpoint game Matrix recently released and Wargame Red Dragon.