Comparison of Gamesquad Combat Mission Forum: Jan-Mar 2011 to Jan-Mar 2014

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh Elvis, keep being you.

-dale

Apparently the lapdog knows it's master better than I do. Perhaps I should spend more time trying to devine the real meaning of his posts........... Nah, I have a life.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Apparently the lapdog knows it's master better than I do. Perhaps I should spend more time trying to devine the real meaning of his posts........... Nah, I have a life.
Actually some of his posts at other sites reveal a progressively worsening condition.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
(I guess I have to post to hold up my 10%.)

I generally post on questions of wargaming in general as I don't play CM. I also don't play WoT but I post on a couple of the blogs because that is where wargamers are these days and questions on WWII in general come up.

Any ways why doesn't someone break down the BF CM2 forums by users and see how many of the same posters are doing the posting and compare it to something?
On a serious note, I believe Mobius to be the upper-tier grog of the armor analysis wargaming type. I consider my discourse with him at Panzer Command to far surpass anything at Battlefront. His application of mathematical principles, and research, applied to the area of armor penetration and accuracy of gunnery has few peers.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I wasn't going to say anything, but since you put it all into focus so well for us - unenthusiastic, biased moderators, and baseless posts like this in which the most useful contributors were attacked without foundation, are what drove away the best part of this forum. Some of them are named above.

It's really sad that you basically trashed this forum through your inability to moderate it, then just dismiss those who participated as not being worthy of being here anyway. Because they were - in your phrase - just "a bunch of old guys."

I think the community would disagree with you...

And you missed the entire point. Because of your 'moderation' the forum was taken over - like you were warned it would be - by one abusive poster who now uses it as his private bulletin board. That isn't "going strong" by any definition. But after Don, the site owner, announced that he runs the site at a financial loss, I'm not sure that anyone expected anything to change. You do get what you pay for.

Just what you want in a moderator. So why wouldn't you do the right thing and hand the reins over to someone with the time and ability to administer the board properly?
Im not sure there is much of a community these days. I'm not sure anyone wants the reins these days.

anyways, nice to see you haven't changed.

cheers.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Im not sure there is much of a community these days. I'm not sure anyone wants the reins these days.

cheers.
The number of viewers here for just Combat Mission, members+guests, often exceeds the whole Computer Wargaming section of Groghead's (members+guests) discussing many, many more games. MD knows this is the place that many CM people traffic. Hence his fixation on the people here. He had to stifle his snottiness recently at Groghead. Seems his plan backfired.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

cheers.

Geordie, if you're going to make false accusations against me in open forum, you can expect to receive a response.

Anyway, there is a clear roadmap for you to follow if you wanted to reclaim the forum and make good on your responsibilities here. I disagree that there is "much of a community." With every post you make, you simply insult people who came here and looked to you for leadership.

For what it is worth, my suggestion would be simple. Either pass off the reins to someone with the time and ability to do just that - "rein in" the offenders and abusive posters on this board. Or take charge yourself by doing the following:

a) enforce the rules again. Start with NUTTERNAME's abusive sig line. And if he doesn't play by the rules, send him an open letter the way battlefront did when he was posting as Lewis:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=19586

Lewis,

Earlier today you have yet again put us in an awkward position by your repeated refusal to conform to the standards we have set for the message forum (BBS) here on our website. Since this is a private BBS this is not only disrespectful of us and others, but also completely within our rights to take action against. Over the past several months, following consistently inappropriate behavior on your part, we have made numerous honest, good-faith attempts, both in public and in private email, to redirect your intellectual energies to a more mature and productive form of public debate than you have often shown. Unfortunately, on the whole our efforts seem to have accomplished little.

You have been scolded and even warned, time and time again, but you continue to slip back into childish, hostile behavior here on the BBS. You have even described your own behavior as that of a 14-year old, yet it continues virtually unabated. Why, Lewis? This immaturity and churlishness only serves to undermine your credibility, so that when you do post intelligent ideas (and you have) people are far less likely to take them seriously. Thoughtful critique is perfectly acceptable here,but endless flamewars, baiting, abusing, and general uncivilized discourse are not. When you refuse to monitor your own public behavior adequately, you contribute mightily to tearing down the fabric of open and productive communication here on this BBS which we have all (meaning BTS and the hundreds of posters here) worked so hard to construct over the last year and a half. To let one person degrade this effort is entirely unfair to the BBS community at large.

In the past year and a half we have only had to warn about 6 people that they were in danger of being banned. Only one was in fact banned, but was reinstated after an honest apology to us, the person he attacked, and the BBS as a whole. Our reputation for fairness is sound and well-documented, just as your atrocious behavior is clearly evident to anybody looking at your posts. If you should force us to ban you, we will do it with a clear conscience even if we regret having to do so since you are obviously a big fan of CM and could contribute positively to it if you so chose.

This BBS was and is set up for the free and open exchange of ideas. It is expressly stated in our BBS agreement that counterproductive and antisocial behavior is not welcome here since it hinders these goals. People that don't wish to be subjected to your petty personal attacks are upset with us for not enforcing the rules as strictly as we perhaps should. Some have even left our BBS specifically because of your treatment of others (not even of themselves!). And I can say for sure that we have received more negative email about you and your behavior than about anybody else who has ever come to our BBS. In short, you have made a reputation for yourself here and it is not one to be proud of.

We understand that friction is part of human nature, but there comes a time when it is clearly more than that. In your case, it seems to be a core part of your personality. Quite frankly, we are sick and tired of finding flaming and sniping in thread after thread with you at the center, and more often than not the root cause. You have already been warned that your behavior is out of line with the rules and purpose of this BBS, so consider this your final warning.

What we don't understand is how a clearly intelligent, interested in history, knowledgeable about WWII, and are very much a fan of what we have created (namely Combat Mission) can be such a pure and simple bully. Why must you come in here and purposefully, willingly, make our lives difficult? We have wasted many hours dealing with your ill-mannered, irrational, and unproductive behavior. And for what? So you can get a jolly out of getting a rise out of someone (including us)? Sorry, but this is unacceptable and totally unwelcome here. None of us are here to be put down so you can feel better about yourself (or whatever motivates you). And it will stop one way or the other.

The choice is yours, Lewis. You can either act like a mature human being and productive member of this community according to the rules of this BBS, or you can behave like you have been and find yourself banned. We have bent over backwards to give you the benefit of the doubt for a very long time, and have tried to help you make the right choice, but in the end only you can decide. Your actions will be your answer.

Sincerely,

Steve Grammont
Charles Moylan

P.S. We ask that no member of this BBS start up even a SINGLE thread to discuss this, pro or con. There is nothing more to discuss. It has gone on far too long and consumed too much time and energy already.
Talk about not changing - that was 14 years ago.

b) Be prepared for a return engagement, as "Wartgamer", "RexMan" and "Stools for Fools" did after Lewis got banned:
http://wwww.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=49237&page=12
http://wwww.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=49237&page=14
http://wwww.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=49237&page=18

Steve and Charles had the right idea. Getting rid of one or two bad apples improves the bunch. Looking back, I would argue that Steve made a good decision in removing me from the mix as well. But I've been consistent on that point, too, as at the time I mentioned that his decision was based on the forum rules and I had clearly violated one of them. So no hard feelings there. Which make your comments, Geordie, about my alleged "hatred" all the more bizarre.

So I guess c) would be that you simply promote constructive discussion here. And yes, I stand by my belief that a few years ago, we had exactly that. The site was dismissed as a bunch of cranks talking about BFC, and we no doubt slipped into some inappropriate commentary at times, mostly because we felt safe in a belief that no one was really paying attention. But for the most part there was good natured discussion among hobbyists with a friendly disposition to one another. Then the trolls slipped in past the gate-keeper.

You do have the power to reverse it, if you want. If you need help, there are certainly people willing to do so. The community is out there, simply aren't willing to come in and be dominated by - what you see above. Life is too short to spend it in places where they will be abused. That's where you are supposed to come in.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
My sig is a quote. It is taken from one of MD's embarrassing meltdowns here at the forum he so desperately wants to control. I believe it was when one of his product announcements was met with less than his expected fanfare that he made that remark. Obviously, his latest use of this forum as an advertisement met with the obvious "crickets" response that was the subject of amusement for many. Yeah, Merry Christmas Dorosh.

In any case, it is quite amusing to me that MD shows such a need to be here. He states that other forums are the place to be, yet he is obsessing over this forum. Geordie, myself and people who he claims are me, etc. are now the focus of his attempt to control the forum. He does things like this at other forums and seems to feel he can use people's full names and other odd behavior at his choosing. He then claims to be the victim and says other people are persecuting him etc. His famous meltdown and kick-out at Battlefront, a place he seems to be obsessed about also, is the stuff of legends. And now he is claiming on how to moderate a board or be online!

It gets old Dorosh. You come off as a social retardate and an embarrassment to the 'hobby' you so claim to love. You seem to be an angry little person with an obsessive personality. Over at Groghead, I read that someone posted that they met you and that you are so 'nice' in person. Basically, you are one person online and in person, well, you are 'real nice'. Why not try and be real nice for us online? Or have the balls to be your online persona in your 'real' world? Let us know how that works out for you.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
That was the point of his research and his post? Seriously? I assumed it was about "The Death of Battlefront" or somefink like that

He went through all that to say "NUTTERNAME pissed in my sandbox"?

Oh my..
Didn't he accuse you of 'Data-mining' him once? I wonder how big a file he has on you now.

Quick useless factoid: Dorosh has more total posts than all the people currently in this thread put together. Of course, his are mostly good-natured ribbing and everyone else's are evil troll utterances...

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know both Michael and BFC have a point there.

Your constant sniping against the person posting mixed in with actual posts is getting really old.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
You know both Michael and BFC have a point there.

Your constant sniping against the person posting mixed in with actual posts is getting really old.
BFC had another point...

Old 10-24-2009, 02:37 AM
Administrator

Juno Beach... it appears you already have an account here on this Forum (this latest thread all but confirms it). I will give you the benefit of the doubt, for now, that there is a legitimate reason for creating a new identity. However, you need to tell me what your old account was so I can disable it. Failure to do so will cause me to remove the benefit of the doubt and act accordingly. We do not tolerate multiple simultaneous accounts, so please private message me (through this Fourm) with your old username so that I can lock it down. Your current account will not be touched.

As for Dorosh... he wanted to leave this Forum but apparently couldn't bring himself to do it voluntarily. So like "death by cop" he forced me to pull the trigger on him. The specific reason for his banishment was yet another cyber stalking of a Forum member after repeated warnings on and off this Forum that he wasn't going to get any more second chances. He knew exactly what was going to happen when he posted, yet he did it anyway. Not that he was likely to be around much longer anyway, since at the same time he was under a "last straw" warning for violating our rules against Trolling and Sniping.

After his banishment he used multiple alternative accounts to "duck the ban" and he had existing duplicate accounts BEFORE he was banned (which is grounds for instant banishment all on its own). One account he had used to support his own argument in a thread (which is why we don't allow multiple accounts!) and another account he used to SPAM the Forum with almost 1000 posts (mostly in the General Discussion area). I had to ban him a couple of times in rapid succession. For someone that clearly wanted to be banned, he sure tried hard to get back here after.

Steve
So, I guess Dorosh likes to try and 'expose' other people for what he has done himself? And to be clear regarding this...

Steve and Charles had the right idea. Getting rid of one or two bad apples improves the bunch. Looking back, I would argue that Steve made a good decision in removing me from the mix as well. But I've been consistent on that point, too, as at the time I mentioned that his decision was based on the forum rules and I had clearly violated one of them. So no hard feelings there. Which make your comments, Geordie, about my alleged "hatred" all the more bizarre.
One? He said you were stalking! He said you had multiple accounts! He said you were 'talking to yourself' using a sock-puppet account! You must have some special internal world there Dorosh.

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, but you realize that you do the same kind of sniping here constantly?

It gets really old and it doesn't help the wargaming community. You have a substantial part in the decline of this forum. At some point you need to straighten out your priorities. What's more important to you, constantly sniping or maybe re-bootstrap a tactical computer gaming scene?

mOBIUS

Reaction score
Sniping really is not helping the board community. And someone might consider this thread itself is a bear trap to draw out snipers.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Sniping really is not helping the board community. And someone might consider this thread itself is a bear trap to draw out snipers.
Well, consider it what you want...I think it was just a desperate attempt by Dorosh to attack Geordie or whoever he could. Since Dorosh values Steve's opinion so highly (now, that is), and Steve called him a Stalker, a sock-puppeteer, and a spammer...I would tend to agree with Steve (in this case).

As far as a tactical wargaming community, I think the facts are that traffic is down. Even Battlefront's forum shows this, and they really have a lock on the market. Perhaps 50-100 members+guests top the traffic there and often times maybe half that. The 'Grog' Quality Factor at Battlefront is ever-declining also, and there is not much that is going on till CMRT is released and we see what needs fixing. Other sites like this one might get 20-30 people online.

mOBIUS

Reaction score
As far as a tactical wargaming community, I think the facts are that traffic is down. Even Battlefront's forum shows this, and they really have a lock on the market.
As for grogs they simply are feeding somewhere different than BF. From tank.net forum those that used to play CM are playing WoT. Even tanknet grogs that never played CM are on the WoT thread there. I guess I am imprinted from the Cold War era as I won't put Russian software on my computers.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As for grogs they simply are feeding somewhere different than BF. From tank.net forum those that used to play CM are playing WoT. Even tanknet grogs that never played CM are on the WoT thread there. I guess I am imprinted from the Cold War era as I won't put Russian software on my computers.
Yeah.

Of course in BFC's words multiplayer per side is a feature not worth doing because nobody would buy it.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We should snipe at each other in the game, not on a forum.