Journal One - J9 scenario errata?

dieneuner25

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't find any official errata for J9 (reprinted as 147 in Rising Sun, which I don't yet own), but the scenario card says "Only hexrows P-GG are playable" yet the red shaded area shown on the map diagram is clearly covers more than 17.5 hexrows AND the map image posted in the Scenario Archive shows G-GG. The AARs I've read indicate folks play it with the Japanese entering on hexrow P. Is the card text wrong or did they just print the red shaded rectangle too big?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I can't find any official errata for J9 (reprinted as 147 in Rising Sun, which I don't yet own), but the scenario card says "Only hexrows P-GG are playable" yet the red shaded area shown on the map diagram is clearly covers more than 17.5 hexrows AND the map image posted in the Scenario Archive shows G-GG. The AARs I've read indicate folks play it with the Japanese entering on hexrow P. Is the card text wrong or did they just print the red shaded rectangle too big?
I would go with the text and ignore how large the red area on the map is.

dieneuner25

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, we will go with the text on the card. Thanks! This is a PBeM operation and my friendly opponent brought it up when I sent him a scan of the scenario card.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Yes, we will go with the text on the card. Thanks! This is a PBeM operation and my friendly opponent brought it up when I sent him a scan of the scenario card.
Here is what it looks like on the Rising Sun version: