What's Your Desktop Wallpaper?

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Current wallpaper:

Berserk done in Mignola's style. Original

Berserk is a very violent, dark, medieval fantasy Japanese manga. The author has been working on it for years but the artwork and story are amazing. I hope that one day he will get around to finishing it.

Mignola, or Mike Mignola is the creator of the comics Hellboy, Baltimore, and B.P.R.D. (I think he did the artwork for that, I don't really remember).

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That looks awesome! Why can't Adult Swim show stuff like that?!?
Yeah it is! I'm hoping to get this made into a poster. It tells so much of the story in Berserk in that one picture, it's really good. And if you have a passing interest you can read Berserk here or watch some of the episodes from the anime here (the anime leaves a LOT of stuff out, just an fyi). And don't worry about the large sword looking ridiculous, there's actually a good reason as to why he carries and besides... it's the least thing you need to worry about lol :devious:

And I totally agree! Their most popular block, anime, is on so late at night it wasn't even worth bringing back. One really has to wonder if they ever listen to their fanbase. The people running that channel are idiots. (Not to mention Cartoon Network practically dumped Season 2 of Young Justice 1/3rd of the way through the 2nd season! I Highly recommend Young Justice, it's a very good DC Comics animated series.) But a cartoon animated in Mike Mignola's style would rock! Also something more mature would be an excellent change for once instead of Happy Stupid Adventure Time or whatever else they show nowadays.

If you haven't read comics lately then I think you should check out Mignola's Baltimore. It takes place just after World War One which was stopped due to a terrible plague. Lord Baltimore, the main guy, has taken it upon his-self to end the creature (a vampire, but not your traditional one) who started it all. Baltimore was wounded on a WWI battlefield, vampires came to feast and Baltimore protected himself and that's when the plague started. It starts slow but I expect it to pick up.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This piece is a commission for the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. It's an urban fantasy who's main character is a wizard in contemporary Chicago. In this picture, we see Harry Dresden, the main character, finished beating a Denarian. In the series, Denarians are demonic creatures who inhabit the 30 pieces of Denari Judas was payed to betray Jesus. When an unsuspecting person acquires one, the demon inside the coin is effectively implanted into that person's psyche. Of course, that person can lose the coin but they could still feel the effects that that period of time had on them. They can also manifest supernatural powers and that is why the alleyway and police car are totalled lol! And! If you have never read the series then I HIGHLY recommend that you do so. It's one of those series that has an amazing world built upon real world mythology, religion, and folklore while every book in the series just keeps getting better and better.

View attachment 43731

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This piece is a commission for the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. It's an urban fantasy who's main character is a wizard in contemporary Chicago. In this picture, we see Harry Dresden, the main character, finished beating a Denarian. In the series, Denarians are demonic creatures who inhabit the 30 pieces of Denari Judas was payed to betray Jesus. When an unsuspecting person acquires one, the demon inside the coin is effectively implanted into that person's psyche. Of course, that person can lose the coin but they could still feel the effects that that period of time had on them. They can also manifest supernatural powers and that is why the alleyway and police car are totalled lol! And! If you have never read the series then I HIGHLY recommend that you do so. It's one of those series that has an amazing world built upon real world mythology, religion, and folklore while every book in the series just keeps getting better and better.

View attachment 43731
Wow! That sounds like a great series (you had me with the 30 pieces of silver angle :))! I'm going to check it out on Amazon! And the artwork is great! Kinda wish it was from a game. :)

Edit: Which is the first book in the series?

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow! That sounds like a great series (you had me with the 30 pieces of silver angle :))! I'm going to check it out on Amazon! And the artwork is great! Kinda wish it was from a game. :)

Edit: Which is the first book in the series?
Book 1 is Storm Front followed by Full Moon. There are faries, vampires, werewolves, arch angels, demons, demi-gods, ancient gods, etc. And the author ties it altogether perfectly into a very believable world!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Still into making wallpaper from whatever game I am playing. Getting a bit tired of Wargame: AirLand Battle, so I have moved on to Scourge of War: Antietam:

View attachment 44160
In the last game, I played Col. Alfred Cummings, leading Wilcox's Brigade. This was a shot of me leading my men towards our objective. I liked the big, somewhat foreboding, white house that greeted us as we marched up the road. I also liked the fact that with a few touches, I managed to give the sky/lighting a real fall look, which is fitting for Antietam. The battle went well for my militia. We had a hand in stopping the Union from advancing.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Resurrection!!! A year later! A couple of wallpapers I've sported over the last year or so...

From one of my favorite street photographer from Tokyo Japan.
View attachment 49817

Anime called Mononoke. Can watch it on Youtube for free. Real departure from your typical anime. Totally worth watching.
View attachment 49818

And a very attractive woman.
View attachment 49819

Current... MY cat. Blackie. RIP.
View attachment 49820

Just saw this now, Kawaiku. Some nice wallpapers. I like the top one - it has some noir stylings to it. Reminds me of my current wallpaper:

View attachment 49878

And Blackie was cute. Reminds me of my dear departed Pfeffernusse. Maybe they are guarding the gates of heaven together.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just saw this now, Kawaiku. Some nice wallpapers. I like the top one - it has some noir stylings to it. Reminds me of my current wallpaper:
Yeah, he does great, night street photography in Tokyo, the guy is a wizard.

Nice picture!

And Blackie was cute. Reminds me of my dear departed Pfeffernusse. Maybe they are guarding the gates of heaven together.
I miss him a lot. And haha no no... Blackie is soaking up all the sun and then running around at night meowing hella loud followed by waiting for someone to get into an uncomfortable sleeping position so he can lie on their legs :laugh: