EA by turn 288

Secadegas

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
I'm very proud to report another EA game completed (by T288 - 01/01/1945). Axis had to give up as Soviets were already inside Berlin urban area while US forces were also very close to the city. Rome, Prague, Bucarest and Budapest were all in Allies hands. Helsinki and Stockolm however still under Axis control.

The scenario was played under latest Veers version and TOAW 3.4, of course. New supllies rules but new turn order off. It worked perfectly and even if attacking is generally more difficult it can be done and still a lot of enjoyment.

I must thank my fantastic opponent - Vince :hail: - for all the fun and thanks to him i'm sure we achieved an EA "world record"...
We played 288 turns from 28/12/2012 to 21/05/13 - in less that 5 months (144 days... an exact average of 2 turns per day...) :nuts:

Meanwhile my pet dog starved and decided to run away. And i used to have a wife around... but can't find her anymore... :ciao:

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
Secadegas,

Have you played a game with New Turn Rules ON? If so, how did it go?

Best wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

Secadegas

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Secadagas,

Have you played a game with New Turn Rules ON? If so, how did it go?

Best wishes,
Steve
New supply rules ON, new turn order OFF. As it should be...

IMHO new turn order adds nothing and unbalances game play. The new turn order idea was to benefit P2. But just in theory. In real playing just adds even more advantage to P1.

Last edited:

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
New supply rules ON, new turn order OFF. As it should be...

IMHO new turn order adds nothing and unbalances game play. The new turn order idea was to benefit P2. But just in theory. In real playing just adds even more advantage to P1.
Secadegas,

I only asked because Veers posted EA 2012 should be played with both ON and I wondered if you had tried it.. Not a great fan of New Turn Rules myself. Thanks for the info.

Best wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm very proud to report another EA game completed (by T288 - 01/01/1945). Axis had to give up as Soviets were already inside Berlin urban area while US forces were also very close to the city. Rome, Prague, Bucarest and Budapest were all in Allies hands. Helsinki and Stockolm however still under Axis control.

The scenario was played under latest Veers version and TOAW 3.4, of course. New supllies rules but new turn order off. It worked perfectly and even if attacking is generally more difficult it can be done and still a lot of enjoyment.

I must thank my fantastic opponent - Vince :hail: - for all the fun and thanks to him i'm sure we achieved an EA "world record"...
We played 288 turns from 28/12/2012 to 21/05/13 - in less that 5 months (144 days... an exact average of 2 turns per day...) :nuts:

Meanwhile my pet dog starved and decided to run away. And i used to have a wife around... but can't find her anymore... :ciao:
Two turns a day, not bad for an average indeed!
Dogs and wives tend to be overrated :devious: