Watch Dogs

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been following this game since last year's E3 and today's video - released to announce that it will be a PS4 title - just makes me more excited:

[video=youtube_share;YGdVdi49V9Y]http://youtu.be/YGdVdi49V9Y[/video]

I just hope that it doesn't turn out to be a PS4 exclusive. This vid is reported to have been captured from a PC demo, so I am hopeful that Ubisoft will keep it as a cross-platform affair. But you never can tell. Sony has A LOT riding on the success of the PS4, so I wouldn't put it past them to offer a lot of cash to make some hot titles be restricted to the PS4.

Guess we'll see.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing it as a PS4 only game. Why, look at how successful cross platform games have been feature-wise. If it's just for the PS4 where they push this game to its full potential then I am perfectly fine with that.

Yang

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
After having built a way too expensive new PC i hope not. :O But i kinda doubt it since the Trailer was advertised in Uplay as well last time i booted it up for FC3. It will probably the usual PC-gets-it-2-4-weeks-because-else-everyone-with-a-console-would-pirate-it-instead later bullshite. But i would hope they that they put some thought in the PC interface, while FarCry 3 was almost ok-ish the PC interface in AssCreed 3 (gotten it with my new GFX-card) was absolutely dreadful. Things that could have been done with drag and drop and a few mouseclicks required around 30-50(!) keystrokes while working the keyboard like a maniac with two hands. :nuts: And for that they had two(!) Studios (Ubisoft Bucharest and Ubisoft Kiev iirc) working on the PC Port/Interface. :mad:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing it as a PS4 only game. Why, look at how successful cross platform games have been feature-wise. If it's just for the PS4 where they push this game to its full potential then I am perfectly fine with that.
While cross-platform games have their issues, truth is I am finding that game companies are getting better at the porting process. I think they are learning that gamers will not put up with sloppy ports and are reacting accordingly. The ports I've played in 2012 weren't all that bad, all things considered. Of course I would prefer a strict PC design, but if I can't have that, I am usually okay with most CP titles these days.

Yang said:
But i kinda doubt it since the Trailer was advertised in Uplay as well last time i booted it up for FC3. It will probably the usual PC-gets-it-2-4-weeks-because-else-everyone-with-a-console-would-pirate-it-instead later bullshite.
Yeah, it looks that way. But I still wouldn't rule out a September surprise. :devious:

yang said:
while FarCry 3 was almost ok-ish the PC interface in AssCreed 3 (gotten it with my new GFX-card) was absolutely dreadful.
The only thing that really got on my nerves with FC3 (btw: really need to get back to that game) was that overly-large mini-map that was pushed out from the bottom left of the screen. Really weird design. :D

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The PS 4 tech is surprising low to be honest..a Mid Range PC has the same power as the PS4...

So no PS4 and PC only...

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like I dodged another bullet:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/watch-dogs

4.4 user score.

Even though Metacritic can be a rough and tumble place, I find the comments to be consistent across all reviewers, which adds credibility to them AFAIAC. Especially the complaints about 1) UPlay not being able to handle the user load, and b) it being a badly optimized console port. After seeing this same nonsense occur with Titanfall, a Source engine-based game that runs like a pig on all but the open beta maps (what a surprise :lier:), it is clear that devs are, once again, putting all their eggs in the new console basket while treating the PC community as second fiddle.

Looks like I'll be saving a lot of money on games for the next two years or so....