What boardgames have you played recently?

JCOLEMAN

Reaction score
Played 2 games of GMT Wasington's War, I went 1-1 as the brits.I t was the first time my brother inlaw played it.easy CDG ,we played it 2.5 hours each game.Then we played 2 scen's from GMT Monmouth.Also went 1-1 as the Americans.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nothing too exciting. Played Settlers and the classic Stratego with the family. My 9 year old is a ASLer in a couple more years.

I did thumb thru my well worn copy of Up Front. I cant wait for the reprint. Up Front is my favorite game not named ASL.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played Waterdeep and Trajan on Friday night. Trajan is very complicated with a lot going on, but we figured it out after about an hour. Really want to play it again.

On Saturday we played Goa, Waterdeep twice and Stone Age. Then today played ASL and then will play games tomorrow night. A great weekend.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played Waterdeep and Trajan on Friday night. Trajan is very complicated with a lot going on, but we figured it out after about an hour. Really want to play it again.

On Saturday we played Goa, Waterdeep twice and Stone Age. Then today played ASL and then will play games tomorrow night. A great weekend.
You'll have more gaming weekends coming, with the Steelers missing the playoffs and all.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Want to play Stone Age again.

Last edited:

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Taught my brother-in-law's family how to play Carcassonne - some liked it, some didn't. They had a Monopoly "Deal" card game that was about fastest playing game I'd ever seen - great for short-attention-span folks - average game lasted something like 5-10 minutes.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Played Small World this night.
The newbie won with Fortunate Trolls and Leprechauns and their Dragon.
I did not do well (3rd of 4 players) with: Halflings + catapult, Fairies + 2 heroes and Orcs Alchemists.

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
A couple of games yesterday - 6 player Carcassonne, 3 of the 6 being new to Carcassonne. As always, it's a great game for newcomers.

Then, a game of Last Train to Wensleydale, a complex train themed euro by celebrated British designer Martin Wallace. I like a couple of Wallace designs, such as God's Playgound and A Few Acres of Snow, but train games aren't really my thing and this one is a little too involved for me.

Friday is a big game day for me - ASL in the morning and afternoon (J152 Messenger Boys for some fun with the British vs SS in bocage), and in the evening I'll have my first play of Archipelago, which looks like my kind of game. Looking forward to it.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On New Year's Eve, played Kittens in a Blender, SPANC and Gem Dealer with GF, her 16 YO daughter and daughter's two friends.

Smart girls like this, there is hope for the next generation.

tekay44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played Arkham Horror, 5 hour game. Thought we had it beat, but, an unlucky gate opening killed us.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last night went to a large party with about 60 people and taught party games Time's Up: Title Recall and Telestrations to the masses. The women loved Telestrations so much they played 3 more times. You can play with up to 8 players. We also had 8 players for Times Up with 6 or 7 others helping out and joining in. This one is a classic.

There were ongoing games of Spoons and Texas Hold 'em throughout the night. Many screams and cries from the Spoons game and only one cry from Poker as my all-in three Queens lost to a Flush on the river.

Going to my sisters today for more gaming. Probably will teach her Waterdeep. Bought the new Merchants of Venus on Saturday. I like how they put two games in one box. The old 'classic' version from Avalon Hill and a new 'standard' version. The board is reversible with a side for each game. Anyone play either version?

Last edited:

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played not a single game of anything (not including computer) since the Wednesday before Christmas. Ever since then it's been cleaning the house up so my relatives could come visit, only to have the visit cancelled due to illness, then turning out my nephew was coming anyway, and now that he's here we're both bored out of our skulls because the concept of "games as quality family time" is persona non grata around here.

:eek:gre: <=== Green with envy