Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
This rule states that a wreck blaze "may spread to become a Blaze in Burnable Terrain in the same location as per the normal Spreading Fire rules". The use of "spread to become a Blaze" makes me ask you all, does the successful spreading fire DR result in a Flame counter being placed in the location, or a Blaze counter.

Methinks Flame.

TIA

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
This rule states that a wreck blaze "may spread to become a Blaze in Burnable Terrain in the same location as per the normal Spreading Fire rules". The use of "spread to become a Blaze" makes me ask you all, does the successful spreading fire DR result in a Flame counter being placed in the location, or a Blaze counter.

Methinks Flame.

TIA
B25.15 "All Fires start as Flames, except for Wreck Blazes and those spread by falling burning rubble."

JR

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
B25.14 states, "It may spread to become a Blaze in Burnable Terrain in the same Location per the normal Spreading Fire rules."

Last edited:

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Methinks it starts as a Flame too.

B25.15 "All Fires start as Flames, except for Wreck Blazes and those spread by falling burning rubble."
I have always interpreted this as being about the Wreck Blaze itself, not about what happens when it spreads to Burnable Terrain in the same Location.

John

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I agree with jwb3. After all, B25.15 mentions spreading only in the context with falling burning rubble.

von Marwitz

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I agree with jwb3. After all, B25.15 mentions spreading only in the context with falling burning rubble.
What "context" are you referring to? The section title is "FLAME". The sentence mentions both falling burning rubble and wreck blazes. The section itself deals with all aspects of flame counters, including that a newly placed one can't spread (is marked with a PIN counter) and that > one can exist in a Location. It would seem a very daring interpretation indeed that B25.15 is meant to apply to falling burning rubble only, if that is what you are saying.

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What "context" are you referring to? The section title is "FLAME". The sentence mentions both falling burning rubble and wreck blazes. The section itself deals with all aspects of flame counters, including that a newly placed one can't spread (is marked with a PIN counter) and that > one can exist in a Location. It would seem a very daring interpretation indeed that B25.15 is meant to apply to falling burning rubble only, if that is what you are saying.

JR

What I mean is that it is about fires - all start as flames normally.

Exception:
a) Wreck Blazes (the fire of a burning wreck is ablaze immediately, there is no flaming wreck (no pun intended) before that i.e. there is no spreading a wreck flame into a wreck blaze).
b) Fire spread by falling burning rubble (If you have a blazing building collapse and spreading in this way i.e. dropping the whole burning havoc onto an adjacent street, then that fallen rubble is already ablaze and not aflame.

In other words:
Fire ALWAYS spreads via a flame, except no spread "within" a wreck as it blazes from the start, and no flame but a blaze from the start if it spreads as falling rubble from an ablaze collapsing building. So no "spreading" context within a wreck but only with falling burning rubble.

With a vehicle in bypass of burnable terrain this would mean:
At first no flaming tank but immediately blazing tank then flaming burnable terrain then blazing burnable terrain as the order of the fire expanding.

von Marwitz

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

What I mean is that it is about fires - all start as flames normally.

Exception:
a) Wreck Blazes (the fire of a burning wreck is ablaze immediately, there is no flaming wreck (no pun intended) before that i.e. there is no spreading a wreck flame into a wreck blaze).
b) Fire spread by falling burning rubble (If you have a blazing building collapse and spreading in this way i.e. dropping the whole burning havoc onto an adjacent street, then that fallen rubble is already ablaze and not aflame.

In other words:
Fire ALWAYS spreads via a flame, except no spread "within" a wreck as it blazes from the start, and no flame but a blaze from the start if it spreads as falling rubble from an ablaze collapsing building. So no "spreading" context within a wreck but only with falling burning rubble.

With a vehicle in bypass of burnable terrain this would mean:
At first no flaming tank but immediately blazing tank then flaming burnable terrain then blazing burnable terrain as the order of the fire expanding.

von Marwitz
Hi

I agree with the above
B25.15 says "All Fires start as Flames, except for Wreck Blazes and those spread by falling burning rubble.". So all Fires start as flames except for
a) Wreck Blazes, which have a Blaze counter placed on them from the start, there is no 'Wreck Flame' [B25.14]
and
b) Falling Burning Rubble. See B24.6 "A building level which contains a Blaze when it is rubbled and falls into other Burnable Terrain immediately places a Blaze in that terrain also"

The only thing not covered (that I can see) is the situation where a building level containing a Blaze is rubbled and falls into non-Burnable terrain such as Open Ground. I would take it that the newly placed Rubble woulkd also have a Blaze (seems common sense) but the rules doesn't directly state it.

Cheers
Jon

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
And to answer the Original post, the Wreck Blaze may spread to the Burnable Terrain it occupies as per normal Spreading Fire rules. That is, if thye Spreading Fire DR results in spread, a Flame is placed in the burnable terrain. In turn this flame may result in a Blaze in the terrain (which would then remove the Wreck Blaze).

Cheers
Jon