Coming soon...

FreekS

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Is a new Monster scenario.

Just wait a bit untill Herman finishes his round of postings!

I found an interesting but slightly aged discussion on a European Navy, describing the different carrier groups, amphibious groups and desrons that might exist.

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/navy-maritime/european-navy-7545-6/

I created a scen that splits these into two parts of Europe, based on the premise that several countries exit the Euro and find themselves at war with the Euro countries.

Based on my vague idea of readiness, the scen contains about 30 to 50 percent of all major combat ships and aircraft that Europe might have- I had to cut down on the bases or the scen crashed!

Recommended for H3.

And guys, i know the community of players is small, and of monster players even smaller, but Herman tested both sides and got clobbered so you can be the first one to win! Eternal Fame!

Freek

Last edited:

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Here is a scenario big enough to choke a PC.

The 59th NEW Harpoon scenario of the year!

War of the Euro

Following the financial crises of 2008 and 2010, the Eurozone was transformed.

Greece was bailed out in 2011 with 260 billion Euro and Spain took 490 billion in 2012.

Draconian measures were enforced across Mediterranean countries. This included offering for sale Spain's sole Aircraft carrier, 6 Santa Maria-Class frigates, and the announcement of the disbandment of the Italian submarine force. Crews were laid off with immediate effect.

In spite of these rescue funds, on Jan 2013, Spain and Greece defaulted on their debt payments.

Northern Europe, facing a collapsing Euro and economy, bailed out both countries again. However, on June 9th 2013 Europe woke up to a surprise announcement. Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Greece all left the Euro at the same time. They announced that all debts would be converted to their new currency, the Certecius. In addition, the countries left the European Union, left NATO, formed a new pact called the Mediterranean Union, and appointed as its first President: Silvio Berlusconi.

Immediately the Certecius halved in value against the Euro, which itself halved against the US dollar. The Eurozone creaked under pressure of the written-off debt to Italy, Spain, and Greece, and under the burden of debt to the Americans.

EU president Guy van Rompes abdicated and Frau Dr Merkel, widely seen as the European equivalent to Margaret Thatcher, took the EU role. She promptly issued an ultimatum: the Mediterranean Unions debt, which largely matures on January 6 2015, is to be re-paid in Euros.

Author: Freek Schepers

Harpoon HUE users can get the:
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

Harpoon ANW users can get the:
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the:
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon 3.6.3 Library

"Harpoon for Dummies" channel

PlayersDB for Harpoon on Facebook

Frequently Asked Questions

FilesOfScenShare

styx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Is a new Monster scenario.

[...]

Recommended for H3.

And guys, i know the community of players is small, and of monster players even smaller, but Herman tested both sides and got clobbered so you can be the first one to win! Eternal Fame!

Freek
You mean H3 3.6.3? And not HUE 3.10?

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, the scenario was written and tested with H3 v3.6.3 and not with ANW 3.9.4 or HUE v3.10

It is available for play with ANW and HUE, but there are no promises or guarantees that it will work with either ANW or HUE.

FreekS

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Thats mainly since very large scenarios run very well in H3.6.3, but much slower and with higher chance of crashes in ANW or HUE. Freek