Total Recall [2012 remake]

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Pretty relaxed. The Dick short story was very good and a more faithful rendition might be more of a thinking man's film than the original.

I don't mind the original, aside from the gash animatronics when low pressure was encounters and Arnie's inability to act, but I think a well crafted film might not actually count as a remake if it follows the original story more closely.

I'm not against people taking liberties with Dick's storylines. I found Minority Report very entertaining, expanding as it did on the short story, and of course Blade Runner was far more of an iconic experience than Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.

I just wish they hadn't used Affleck in Paycheck...

Roll on Scott directing The Man In The High Castle.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Double post. A Plague.

Gives me the opportunity to issue a WTF about the Bourne movie. I mean what are they thinking establishing a series involving a superspy then changing the actor who plays him?

Last edited:

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Pretty relaxed. The Dick short story was very good and a more faithful rendition might be more of a thinking man's film than the original.

I don't mind the original, aside from the gash animatronics when low pressure was encounters and Arnie's inability to act, but I think a well crafted film might not actually count as a remake if it follows the original story more closely.

I'm not against people taking liberties with Dick's storylines. I found Minority Report very entertaining, expanding as it did on the short story, and of course Blade Runner was far more of an iconic experience than Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.

I just wish they hadn't used Affleck in Paycheck...

Roll on Scott directing The Man In The High Castle.
I'm a bit afraid of the remake, cause the Arnold I Californian movie had a certain 80's-90's mood - if someone will make a new movie trying to catch Dick's idea, that's cool with me, if someone will make another sci-fi movie with lots of F/X, that's "meh" for me, if someone will try to recreate 80's-90's era, that's "heehee" for me.

I'm awaiting for "The Man In The High Castle". Even if it'll come down to "Advanced Nazis & Science", I will be willing to watch it.

Double post. A Plague.

Gives me the opportunity to issue a WTF about the Bourne movie. I mean what are they thinking establishing a series involving a superspy then changing the actor who plays him?
Maybe Matt Damon didn't want to prolongue the contract?

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Maybe Matt Damon didn't want to prolongue the contract?

I was being somewhat ironic about James Bond being played by a fair few actors. Thanks for taking it so literally. A joke explained...

Last edited:

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
I was being somewhat ironic about James Bond being played by a fair few actors. Thanks for taking it so literally. A joke explained...
Funny, I thought about it, but thought that it'll be safe to make myself a retard. Definitely not my week ;)

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
UGHHH another remake. Just say no to remakes and maybe hollywood will get the message, " NO MORE REMAKES EVER"!!!!!!!!!!!!:kotz:

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
UGHHH another remake. Just say no to remakes and maybe hollywood will get the message, " NO MORE REMAKES EVER"!!!!!!!!!!!!:kotz:
The funny thing is that they've decided to remake Spiderman, jus after they've finished with last Spiderman movie...

Dunno, I'm a bit afraid when I see futuristic movie commercials, trailers, and so forth. These days, it's almost always "crash boom bang", to steal a verse from Roxette. Then again, no one ever did lousy Dick adaptation, so it may be ok. Who's the director anyway?

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Double post. A Plague.

It isnt a "Jason Bourne" movie, but a take on the whole Blackbriar/Treadstone program, apparently. Gotta cash in on the franchise, ya know... :rolleyes:

Jacqueline

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Timeless!Saw an interview of Stephen Stills where he talked about Crosby, Nash, Young and himself at a jam session in a home in Topanga Canyon when they heard of the Kent State shootings. Stephen said that Neil went outside and 10 minutes later came back and in that time had written "Ohio". Awesome talent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburg_State_University

Last edited:

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
The only recent action movie to feel 'just right,' like a late 80's R rated action movie: Dredd. It was already an awesome comic book, and the movie does the comic justice but stands well on its own.

Personally I don't think a remake will ever be good. I DID like Prometheus because it had new ideas. For remakes of action movies from the 80's, they are all going to suck as long as they make them in the style of current movies. Dredd got all of the right elements of the older ones but did it with new special effects. The result was an awesome movie!

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I admit, I would like to see a remake of the Running Man. A faithful recreation of the original book could be a really awesome cult movie. The book was much darker, grittier, and bloodier than the campy Arnold movie.

Yeah, I like like Arnold as much as the next guy -- but I would still like to see a serious remake. This is one of the few instances where I think it's warranted.

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
I wouldn't trust Hollywood to make a bologna sandwich.
Sadly, Hollywood is all we've got. I wish they'd do a better job of guessing what we want. Did we want Jar Jar Binks? He sold a lot of tickets to somebody, including me. But I was appalled by it. After that I started waiting for the cable.

But every once in a while you get a Blade Runner.