The Walking Dead — Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How dare we allow reality to intrude on zombie fiction.
I don't...the full pathology of the "zombie" disease is unknown. That being the case, anything still remains possible and plausible. Besides, the story is more about the living and how they deal with the zombie environment as opposed to being about the zombies. The zombies are more like a part of the scenery to the story rather than being a part of the story.

regularjoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've noticed a trend that the people who p&m the most about TWD are the ones who want more gore and zombie action. I don't mind the action stuff along the lines of we gotta get outta dodge and there's a horde of walkers stuff, the Atlanta scenes were some of the best zombie stuff ever (and I'm convinced Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins has an uncredited Z cameo) but I am happy without scenes of zombies treating people like a buffet line. Some things are just fine and AOK to happen off camera.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I started to write my review last night but I have no idea where to even start. Jeff DeMunn (Dale) gave and Emmy-worthy performance.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Zombies being able to kill a cow is just plain silly. These zombies don't appear to be super strong or anything of the sort. Without weapons a human can't kill a cow, your teeth and fingernails won't penetrate the hide.

I liked Dale's character but Dale was an idiot, he simply could not understand where he was. His style of argument and chosen path of debate was never going to persuade a group which is fearful for their and their family's lives.

The prisoner had no ties to the group other than having gone to school with the girls...he was a trusted member of a group of predators, he was a threat to the entire group...there was no way they could let him go. In a situation where you had some authority above the two groups, with power over the two groups you would have the luxury of passing on the prisoner's fate to the higher authority. In the situation that currently exists you should look to how humankind and the rest of nature survives....precedent is a very powerful indicator of successful paths when given options.

By precendent I mean; how would a small group of humans or other animals survive, what survival choice would they make in this situation?
Most groups would drive off the dangerous intruder, if the intruder was persistent the two options are destruction or incorporation.
Driving off this intruder is dangerous in the extreme, because he is a member of a more powerful group and has every motivation to lead that group to the farm.
Incorporating the intruder into the group is also dangerous as he has a strong motivation, and possible reward, for abandoning and betraying the farm to his previous group.

Incorporation is a very risky choice, but it looks like this is the one Rick is going to force upon the group.
Shane is dangerous, Rick is dangerous in another manner...in his own way, Dale was dangerous to the group as well in the way Hershel was dangerous...the inability to understand the situation and act on that understanding.

Chris Drake

Capitalist Pig
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good riddance to Dale, whiner big time.
Agreed, he was major TWAT!
Hershel was getting on my nerves as well, until he woke up following the barn incident.
Rick's wife is starting to get on my nerves, I vote she gets eaten next!l:yummy:

The show can drag a little at times but I still think it is one of the most original shows on TV right now.

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
the captured guy said his group was within 5 miles of the farm.. and I didn't hear Shane tell that to anyone.. now 5 miles is easy to hear gun shots especially at night.. so when the next show starts with the huge zombie attack at night on the farm, that group will know exactly where the farm is. season 3 is going to be a war.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am I the only one watching that found last night's episode a bit odd in explaining the infection transmission ? Shane dies, then images of zombies, then he reanimates a minute later as a zombie. So essentially if you have a come in contact with a zombie and die you become one OR it's in the air and you will become one anyway after you die. Very different from most zombie movies regarding transmission where you have to have been bitten.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am I the only one watching that found last night's episode a bit odd in explaining the infection transmission ? Shane dies, then images of zombies, then he reanimates a minute later as a zombie. So essentially if you have a come in contact with a zombie and die you become one OR it's in the air and you will become one anyway after you die. Very different from most zombie movies regarding transmission where you have to have been bitten.
They referred to this already before Rick and Shane got into their fight. The two security guards inside the fence didn't have a mark on them. Then Randy was re-animated with a broken neck and Daryl noticed he didn't have any scratches or bites. Something in the water or air? Is everyone already contaminated?

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They referred to this already before Rick and Shane got into their fight. The two security guards inside the fence didn't have a mark on them. Then Randy was re-animated with a broken neck and Daryl noticed he didn't have any scratches or bites. Something in the water or air? Is everyone already contaminated?
That everyone has it, is rumored to be what the doctor whispered to Rick in first season.

DrDeath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am I the only one watching that found last night's episode a bit odd in explaining the infection transmission ?... snipped...Very different from most zombie movies regarding transmission where you have to have been bitten.
Back to the original. The zombies came right out of the graves in night of the living dead.

:skull: