Who is gonna win the Bowl?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry, I'm posting late but I decided this yesterday. It'll be a close game, with a few weird things like an early safety that's be important later in the game. The Giants will make a super comeback late in the game, just like in '07. The winning touchdown might prove controversial. Brady will have one last chance and will fall just short of a winner. Giants by... uh, let's say 4.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Belting game. good result. Fine advert for the game in general. The only thing I find odd is the giving of the trophy to the owner, not the captain. in UK sport you never get to see the owners.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Belting game. good result. Fine advert for the game in general. The only thing I find odd is the giving of the trophy to the owner, not the captain. in UK sport you never get to see the owners.
It's an amazing sport insofar as the strategy of the clock is concerned...not very often we see such things in English sport...perhaps a bit in cricket....Monte Panesar springs to mind at Cardiff in the Ashes when we were clockwatching to see if we could 'win' a draw....

But there can't be any other sport where, due to 'time' that a team would be forcibly trying to NOT score a touchdown towards the end.

Really weird I though....and somewhat CRAZILY risky....I'm thinking 'fumble', 'miss field goal', etc. etc....

How stupid would the Giants have felt then...

Couldn't see the fuss really...get in...score the TD....then if your oppo scores a touchdown in 60 seconds then perhaps it wasn't your year....

Great game though....that pass from the Giants to keep the TD drive alive late on....W...O.....W

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Great game though....that pass from the Giants to keep the TD drive alive late on....W...O.....W
That was the play of the game and/or the play that was not made on the pass to Welker. Brady didn't throw a perfect pass but Welker did get two hands on it and catches it almost 100% of the time. Mangini is telestrating the plays as I type this.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
That was the play of the game and/or the play that was not made on the pass to Welker. Brady didn't throw a perfect pass but Welker did get two hands on it and catches it almost 100% of the time. Mangini is telestrating the plays as I type this.
Yeah the Wolker one was a terrible missed catch...which would have won the game for NE

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Yeah the Wolker one was a terrible missed catch...which would have won the game for NE
Gisele wasn't real happy with his receivers either: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201202/tom-bradys-wife-blames-patriots-teammates

I wouldn't put it on just them. Brady was off on a few throws. The defense, like last time, let Eli drive down for the winning score. And like a good team they shared the blame for the loss. And I think it was Justin Tuck in an interview after the game that said something like this "nobody believed in us!" Really? Just based on the predictions I posted it was about 2/3 for the Giants. Also, the Inside the NFL showed 87% picked the Giants to win.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well just watchjd the game...rally good. I got the winners right but not the margin! I thought it mioght have been a blow out after the first couple of series but then the Pats D in the Red Zone really did its work and their O started performing.

It was the first time I watched any of the half time show. Not bad at all. Can you see this happening in the FA cup final?

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think that hit on Brady's shoulder really changed the Pat's Offense. Prior to that hit the announcers were saying something like he was 16/16-A Super Bowl Completion record and then all of the Pat's recievers imcompletions occur after that shoulder hit. I don't think they sacked Brady in the first half, but they did after that.

I think the mantra of the better defense proved out in this post-season series. You can't count on turnovers to win. Brady had the INT and Giants had none. All the last place defenses with high takeaway turnovers differential lost in the end.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And she's exactly right. Plus, Gronk had no business being on the field. He was directly responsible for that interception. A healthy receiver would have batted it down or taken it away from a lumbering LB. He couldnt stop and cut to come back for the ball.

The score should have been a lot worse. The Giants got conservative and tentative at the wrong time. How many times did they run in the first half on 2nd and 10 or 2nd and 12? The Patriots can stop the run, but are horrible against the pass, and the Giants played into their strengths the whole first half.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
And she's exactly right. Plus, Gronk had no business being on the field. He was directly responsible for that interception. A healthy receiver would have batted it down or taken it away from a lumbering LB. He couldnt stop and cut to come back for the ball.

The score should have been a lot worse. The Giants got conservative and tentative at the wrong time. How many times did they run in the first half on 2nd and 10 or 2nd and 12? The Patriots can stop the run, but are horrible against the pass, and the Giants played into their strengths the whole first half.
Have you seen the video of the Pats after-SB party? Gronk was dancing (?) around and looked just fine.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have you seen the video of the Pats after-SB party? Gronk was dancing (?) around and looked just fine.
I don't know what's worse. Not knowing that someone can dance without putting pressure on a high ankle sprain or someone watching a after SB party for the losers?

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I don't know what's worse. Not knowing that someone can dance without putting pressure on a high ankle sprain or someone watching a after SB party for the losers?
I didn't watch the clip. I just know it's out there cuz they talked about it on First Take yesterday.

Edit: I saw what little bit First Take showed but it wasn't the whole clip apparently.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't watch the clip. I just know it's out there cuz they talked about it on First Take yesterday.

Edit: I saw what little bit First Take showed but it wasn't the whole clip apparently.

Yeah right. We all know you were searching thru all the tape hoping to catch a glimpse of your man-crush pretty boy Brady.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Yeah right. We all know you were searching thru all the tape hoping to catch a glimpse of your man-crush pretty boy Brady.
You shut your sassy mouth! When he finally retires they're going to give him his own wing to the HOF! And not just anybody will get in there! It'll be roped off with twenty bouncers guarding the gold-encrusted doors! And if you happen to be one of the select few to cross the threshold into Bradyland, you would feel privileged if he dragged his schlong across your face, goat humper! :angry:

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
you shut your sassy mouth! When he finally retires they're going to give him his own wing to the hof! And not just anybody will get in there! It'll be roped off with twenty bouncers guarding the gold-encrusted doors! And if you happen to be one of the select few to cross the threshold into bradyland, you would feel privileged if he dragged his schlong across your face, goat humper! :angry:
roflmfao:laugh::laugh::laugh:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You shut your sassy mouth! When he finally retires they're going to give him his own wing to the HOF! And not just anybody will get in there! It'll be roped off with twenty bouncers guarding the gold-encrusted doors! And if you happen to be one of the select few to cross the threshold into Bradyland, you would feel privileged if he dragged his schlong across your face, goat humper! :angry:
I rest my case.

And Giselle is pissed off all the time, because she's the only chick out there with a boy friend who's prettier than she is.