I don't like cricket...

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Re: Ahhh... Bliss!

Punter! another ton, and the 1st to score over 13,000! Who'da thunk two months ago!

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand

Watched the last hour and the strip looked lifeless until India took the new ball and started beating the bat. My god they look crap though.....

n3ddy

Reaction score
Country
llSouth Africa

What must be most worrying to fans of the Indian team is the obvious (to me, at any rate) disinterest they have in the fact that they are having their gonads handed to them on a plate. The "celebrations" when they finally manage to get a wicket remind me of the genteel days of the 1950s. Mind you some of them are creaking and about to fall over from old age so maybe it isn't THAT surprising.

It must be a little worry to Aussie fans that the top 3 - Warner seems a bit too erratic at the moment, perhaps? - aren't clicking. Having said that, I can't imagine a better trio than Clarke, Ponting and Hussey to school the youngsters during this time.

As for England, well.... The problem with Pakistan is that you never know until that first ball is bowled just which Pakistan team has pitched up - the brilliant or the abject. It's like tombola, really. Good to see Panesar back in the fold, should be interesting to see how he and Swann go in tandem.

As for SA - wellllllllll....... Not defending 300+ in consecutive games is a wee bit of a worry. Looks like the bowling cupboard is alarmingly bare, until you consider that Vernon Philander - who couldn't go wrong with the ball in the Tests this summer - didn't get more than a half-hearted look-in. He should be one to watch when we go to England in June.

Talking of which... WHY do we only get to play three Tests against England???? Worse still, only TWO against Australia earlier this summer! One of the joys is to watch a tour of England unfold, so that is a bummer. :angry:

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Yes, well, great day for cricket in ol' Oz today! Twin double centuries!

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand

Good play by Punter and Clarke, but Neddy's right the Indians look like they're completely disinterested.

Pakistan 117/4 against England, decent start from them, we'll see which team's turned up!

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

The Indians got their first century of the tour, well done Kohli, he played very well.

The Aussie bowlers proved it wasn't a dead wicket though. Siddle was fantastic, and had a hat trick chance.

I thought that they should be made to follow on, but Pup decided to make us bat again. We had a top order collapse, and will rely on Pup and Punter to push up the runs early tomorrow. I expect another declaration about lunchtime, with a day and a half to bowl out the Indians.

For a season that started so miserably, we have come back with a vengeance. C'mon Ashes 2013!

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

This current test shows cricket at its most interesting if not exciting. Is 250 a good score or a par score? Strauss gone already but Cook and Trott still there. This next session is going to be interesting but at 2 runs per overs, not exciting.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand

There's exciting and EXCITING...... This is test cricket at its purest (and the reason why so many people dislike it), but by god it's interesting and tense. 96/1 at drinks.....

Surprised Pup didn't put the Indians under the cosh, maybe his poor little bowlers were tired :) ryan Harris is nearly as crumbly as Bruce Reid was! Ever heard the Third man sketch where Reid's arms come off? I fear for Harris the same way......
This current test shows cricket at its most interesting if not exciting. Is 250 a good score or a par score? Strauss gone already but Cook and Trott still there. This next session is going to be interesting but at 2 runs per overs, not exciting.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Just staying in was exciting after the last test!

I the kind of day at work, awkward case, where I was unable to listen properly, but was sort of able to follow it.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Should be all over red rover this morning. A four test clean sweep. Even if India were not at their best, still something to smile about... (and not something the poms can say right now)

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

Should be all over red rover this morning. A four test clean sweep. Even if India were not at their best, still something to smile about... (and not something the poms can say right now)
I think the Pakistani cricket team at the moment are considerably better than the Indians Billy

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

It was when England beat them for us. However, stepping back from interest in my country's achievement... It's a sad cricket fan who ponders the state of Test Cricket in India at the moment.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Amen Trev! I think it's going to really come home to the Indians the next time they play Pakistan at a test series. Those two countries HATE each other. Hopefully it'll persuade the ICB to do something.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

I think the Pakistani cricket team at the moment are considerably better than the Indians Billy
But shall go down tomorrow. Better effort from the batsmen this time for England. Panesar should be treated like a talisman on the sub continent.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States

This kid has a future. -- jim

[video=youtube;pjyfMCTAqKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjyfMCTAqKU&feature=player_embedded[/video]