The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
New to GameSquad: Introduce yourself

Not that I don't like the country I live in and that I am a citizen of, but I am posting to reset the thread title for following posts.

BTW, if Olli had known I was in this country at the same time he was (well, I have been here most of the time, since 1966...), we could have had a nice FtF game.:OHNO:

Homer Martin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: New to GameSquad: Introduce yourself

Hail,
Very old member of the squad leader adventures.
Gene still owes me for sending in the names in the wrong order.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland

Hail,
Very old member of the squad leader adventures.
Gene still owes me for sending in the names in the wrong order.
Welcome!
You will soon notice that you are not the only old timer around.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

Welcome Homer....

Psycho is from Louisiana and "the drake" is from Slidell.

Enjoy the forums and please participate.
Slidell is in Louisiana, dumbass! :angry: That's like me saying Pete is from Ohio and Fish is from Cleveland! :angry: What a maroon! :angry:

PS I'm in Baton Rouge

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

Took you long enough to reply.... B*tt-m*ncher......
I'm watching football on tv and browsing other sites, dumbass! :angry: Besides, I have to find other things to do. Reading your endless chatter on here makes me want to go postal!

Count_Zero

Reaction score
First name
Josh
Country
llUnited States

I'm watching football on tv and browsing other sites, dumbass! :angry: Besides, I have to find other things to do. Reading your endless chatter on here makes me want to go postal!
Hey, don't go. You forgot your briefcase... :D

BobbyDevo

Reaction score

Hi!
I am new to ASL but played Squad Leader and a whole bunch of other AH games way way back...
Just got back to my boardgaming roots and found ASL alive and well on VASSAL.. So now I am in a mad rush to learn and play this mighty game. I have a good understanding of the SK1 rules, and I am in the process of learning the full ASL rules. And a good understanding of VASSAL. But I havent matched up against anyone yet.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Hello to all the new forumites recently. I think this must be the time of year for all us repressed players to come out of the g aming room. Apart from psycho, he came out of the closet years ago...

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Good to be an ASL player - made the jump from Age of Empires etc (a big jump!) and don't regret it at all!
Well not till you get to GOT TO HAVE IT stage at any rate. Good to see your finding your way around. Everyone is OK here except Pyscho, but you would expect that anyways

ian

Brown Bear

Reaction score
Country
ll
Well not till you get to GOT TO HAVE IT stage at any rate. Good to see your finding your way around. Everyone is OK here except Pyscho, but you would expect that anyways

ian
With a name such as 'Pyscho' it's to be expected! (Though with Brown Bear it doesn't work as I am not brown nor am I a bear, to my knowledge!)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany

ian
He will not get to that stage Ian , he can borrow my stuff anytime, good player too! played a three player scenario last friday with him!

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
He will not get to that stage Ian , he can borrow my stuff anytime, good player too! played a three player scenario last friday with him!
He sounds far to decent a chap to have anything to do with you mate. LOL

Ian

Phosis

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have already posted a looking for opponents thread but thought I would chime in here.

I am a gamer who became interested in tabletop and board gaming a few years ago, and wargaming more recently. I may have gotten in over my head jumping into something like Advanced Squad Leader since I have had very little wargame experience, but the game was immediately intriguing to me due to its wide range of strategies and possibilities. I have a few other games which I play from time to time, generally solo, such as Field Commander: Napoleon, but most of my time at the tabletop is spent playing euro or ameritrash games.

After picking up the Starter Kit and reading the rules, I had my first very intimidating yet fun game of ASL with a friend. Today I had my second. Not many apparent opponents seem to be around me unfortunately, and I have a very busy home life so I don't have time to escape to war game groups on weekends and things which is why I am looking for VASL play, or other individuals locally who are willing to meet at a neutral location to play.

Apart from ASL, D&D, video games, and other mindless distractions, I have a daughter and a wife, the occasional six pack of beer in my fridge, and sometimes I watch UFC fights.

Looking forward to delving deeper into this hobby, and to floating around these forums looking for the answers to my many, many questions. :)