Who is your favorite American football player of all time

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Somewhat interested with the exchange he had with one of the coaching teams on the sidelines a couple of weeks ago. It told me that he's not used enough to things not going his way.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Somewhat interested with the exchange he had with one of the coaching teams on the sidelines a couple of weeks ago. It told me that he's not used enough to things not going his way.
The coach started hollering at him and later had to be restrained. He was hollering back saying he made the right read on the play and the defender just made a great play (combined with the fact that the young WR didn't go for the ball and let it come to him). But don't let that stand in your way of another good rant about the Pats. :p

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The coach started hollering at him and later had to be restrained. He was hollering back saying he made the right read on the play and the defender just made a great play (combined with the fact that the young WR didn't go for the ball and let it come to him). But don't let that stand in your way of another good rant about the Pats. :p
Ah, so what you're saying is that he is, in fact, infallible.

Gosh, I just thought he played for a bunch of cheats...

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ah, so what you're saying is that he is, in fact, infallible.

Gosh, I just thought he played for a bunch of cheats...
No he isn't. Just saying that he was defending his choice of where to throw the pass. The coach was wrong once he had to be restrained from getting in the face of a player who was sitting and not jumping up and yelling or going after the coach.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No he isn't. Just saying that he was defending his choice of where to throw the pass. The coach was wrong once he had to be restrained from getting in the face of a player who was sitting and not jumping up and yelling or going after the coach.
Is it not the task of the coach to tell the player what to do? In that case, how can he (the coach) be wrong? Or is Brady too big to be coached?

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Is it not the task of the coach to tell the player what to do? In that case, how can he (the coach) be wrong? Or is Brady too big to be coached?
No he isn't but the coach had to be restrained. He started out kinda upset. Then they started getting heated. And then the coach started yelling. He wasn't just telling Tom he shouldn't have thrown the pass. He was yelling at him so Tom yelled back. Then the coach had to be restrained.

[video=youtube;lmHu0PA0o0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmHu0PA0o0s[/video]

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
...because the guy who is supposed to be shouted at (unless extra deference is due to St. Brady) can't take it. Players get shouted at by coaches across sports everywhere, especially during games. Do you see players shouting back like this often?

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
...because the guy who is supposed to be shouted at (unless extra deference is due to St. Brady) can't take it. Players get shouted at by coaches across sports everywhere, especially during games. Do you see players shouting back like this often?
Do you see anyone screaming like the QB coach (or whatever he is) is in this video? If Belichick screamed at him that's one thing but this guy? I've seen head coaches scream at players before and that doesn't bother me (unless the guy is foaming at the mouth like Saban would sometimes). That's ok. We all know you consider the Pats to be the only cheaters ever in the history of pro football (even back to only 1981). ;)

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No he isn't but the coach had to be restrained. He started out kinda upset. Then they started getting heated. And then the coach started yelling. He wasn't just telling Tom he shouldn't have thrown the pass. He was yelling at him so Tom yelled back. Then the coach had to be restrained.

[video=youtube;lmHu0PA0o0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmHu0PA0o0s[/video]
Yeah, I have to agree. That's not coaching, that's being a prick. I have been yelled at plenty on the football field and sidelines, but good coaches get their point across, apply some corrective action and move on. A good coach doesn't create drama, he manages it with his players.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Do you see anyone screaming like the QB coach (or whatever he is) is in this video? If Belichick screamed at him that's one thing but this guy? I've seen head coaches scream at players before and that doesn't bother me (unless the guy is foaming at the mouth like Saban would sometimes). That's ok. We all know you consider the Pats to be the only cheaters ever in the history of pro football (even back to only 1981). ;)
Most successful cheaters certainly. Not just the Jets tape incident (first time caught - no one will convince me they got caught the first time they were doing this) but the tape they got of the Rams practice sessions before SB 36. Yeah, not proven but not even looked into by the NFL.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought I saw Brady say it was his fault that things got so heated afterwards. That's a classy thing to do unlike some other NFL players. I also think Brady is good in shows like The Entourage.
(don't like him as a player -- or the Pats as a team of cheaters -- but that doesn't make him a great player[stats and winning does that without my blessing]. I thought this thread was about favorite players so he's definitely not on my list.)

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
All good peoples of the world hate Tom Brady. Some people are more fortunate than others, but that man has more good luck than any normal man should possibly have. He's obviously made a deal with the Devil and will eventually turn into Ghost Rider or something.

Seriously. The guy looks like a model, has a gazillion dollars and just got a $20 million dollar endorsement deal with Rolex, lives in a house larger than a Wal-Mart, and has super models hanging all over him 24 hours a day. Oh yeah, he plays football too. Life must be rough as Tom Brady.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Most successful cheaters certainly. Not just the Jets tape incident (first time caught - no one will convince me they got caught the first time they were doing this) but the tape they got of the Rams practice sessions before SB 36. Yeah, not proven but not even looked into by the NFL.
Most successful? The Broncos won back to back SB by manipulating the salary cap. The Steelers won 4 SB in 6 years by introducing steroids to the NFL. Not even looked into? Try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_National_Football_League_videotaping_controversy

I'm sure you will change your mind. :rolleyes:

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm sure you will change your mind. :rolleyes:
Yah. Think you have be confused about something here and that will be it.

All those other things you list makes what the cheatriots did all right...

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Yah. Think you have be confused about something here and that will be it.

All those other things you list makes what the cheatriots did all right...
No. You said they were the most successful. I pointed out other instances. They cheated, were caught and paid for it. So were the Broncos. The Steelers weren't caught but the league did start drug testing when it became a league wide problem.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No. You said they were the most successful. I pointed out other instances. They cheated, were caught and paid for it. So were the Broncos. The Steelers weren't caught but the league did start drug testing when it became a league wide problem.
The superbowls the Steelers won were pre history. NFL before '81 is irrelevant (made that point already). The Broncos won two Lombardis in the 90's and the cheatriots three in the naughties. 3>2. So, they're the most successful, and they cheat. I stand correct.

Have you ever seen a football game?

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The superbowls the Steelers won were pre history. NFL before '81 is irrelevant (made that point already). The Broncos won two Lombardis in the 90's and the cheatriots three in the naughties. 3>2. So, they're the most successful, and they cheat. I stand correct.

Have you ever seen a football game?
Irrelevant to you dumbass Englanders maybe. :p And no I haven't seen a game of footy either. ;)

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Irrelevant to you dumbass Englanders maybe. :p And no I haven't seen a game of footy either. ;)
NFL only came on UK TV in '81 yet they say it existed before? They were only setting it up ready for us.