The Cardinals Win the World Series!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
News:

Cardinals Beat Rangers to Win World Series

ST. LOUIS -- Pushed to the brink, the St. Louis Cardinals saved themselves. A frantic rush to reach the postseason on the final day. A nifty pair of comebacks in the playoffs. Two desperate rallies in Game 6.

Turns out these Cardinals were merely gearing up for a gigantic celebration.

The Cardinals won a remarkable World Series they weren't even supposed to reach, beating the Texas Rangers 6-2 in Game 7 on Friday night with another key hit by hometown star David Freese and six gutty innings from Chris Carpenter.

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know, your quote from Emanuel Lasker makes tons of sense in the context of the Cardinals vs. the Rangers 2011.

A good world series. As a Tiger fan, I was semi rooting for...well I was confused. I wanted the Rangers to win, b/c then I could feel better as a Tigers fan, but I was also hoping for the underdog aka the Cardinals 2011 who finished a great improbable ending to a great season for them.

JMHO...

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Mike Murphy

Cat's servant
Reaction score
<snip> ...

A good world series. As a Tiger fan, I was semi rooting for...well I was confused. I wanted the Rangers to win, b/c then I could feel better as a Tigers fan, but I was also hoping for the underdog aka the Cardinals 2011 who finished a great improbable ending to a great season for them.

JMHO...

Mark DV
Ada, MI
I too was confused about who to root for. Do I root for St Louis after what happened in 2006? :(

Do I root for Texas who knocked our Tigers out this year? :cry:

Some years it ain't easy to pick out a favorite! :hush: