New members introduce yourself here

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all... 50 y/o player from San Jose. Getting back into the hobby after too many years of kid sports. Been playing since SL days. Don't get to go to Silicon Valley ASL club meets often enough.
Welcome to the forum. Hope you like what you see.

Ian

Gwinnell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all... 50 y/o player from San Jose. Getting back into the hobby after too many years of kid sports. Been playing since SL days. Don't get to go to Silicon Valley ASL club meets often enough.
Welcome.
Ignore Psycho, you will get used to him.

Baktru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

I'm not really new as I did play some ASL way back when I still lived in Europe, I even went down to Stockholm once for a Tournament down there. I will never forget my SuperStuG from that weekend :) I live in Singapore now though, and I think the ASL density here is kind of low.

Regards,

B.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

I'm not really new as I did play some ASL way back when I still lived in Europe, I even went down to Stockholm once for a Tournament down there. I will never forget my SuperStuG from that weekend :) I live in Singapore now though, and I think the ASL density here is kind of low.

Regards,

B.
SuperStuG? Oh, do tell...

And welcome. :)

S

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all,

Regards,

B.
Don't mention StuG's to Spencer, he was just about coming off his meds, now it's another course!!!!!!

Sounds like you will need to get VASL up and running (see the VASL thread if help needed). Great way to play live play with anyone round the world. Or PBEM for a slower pace.

Cheers
Ian

Baktru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have VASL up and running of course.

I used to play VASL a lot, especially for SASL it's a lot easier than moving cardboard counters around and, more importantly, leave them set up with a cat in the house... That never ends well.

I'll get to the SuperStug story tomorrow ;)

Regards,

B.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Don't mention StuG's to Spencer, he was just about coming off his meds, now it's another course!!!!!!
NEVER!!!! Don't become between this man and his StuGs!!!! ;)

I'll get to the SuperStug story tomorrow ;)
You better. Tease. ;) And I did say welcome, right? In all seriousness, glad you're here and (back) into ASL. This is really a good place to get answers/info/chit-chat/whatever.

S

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Hi all,

Regards,

B.
Welcome to the forums Baktru. If you ever have a reason to fly down to Manila, look me up! :toast:

Sgt. Steiner

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Guys ! My name is James and I'm from Belfast, Northern Ireland. I've always fancied playing ASL and am thinking about buying the ASL starter kit#1 in order to begin learning this game. Anyone know of any players or clubs in Belfast that could help?

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Guys ! My name is James and I'm from Belfast, Northern Ireland. I've always fancied playing ASL and am thinking about buying the ASL starter kit#1 in order to begin learning this game. Anyone know of any players or clubs in Belfast that could help?
Hi James

I think their is a few guys from that area. If you go to the section for opponents wanted and ask you may get an answer. With you having Belfast for location it will also be a good idea to post on a few threads, you will be suprised on how many guys look for where your from.

Starter Kits are a great way to get into the game without having to spend a lot on the rules and first mod. Good luck finding someone local

Cheers
Ian