CMBN pre-order, tentative release date

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dare I say that I find it interesting that the potentially biggest piece of CM news to be released in years has generated barely a yawn here?

Too much time as vapor? First warm days of the year in some places?

-dale

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Dare I say that I find it interesting that the potentially biggest piece of CM news to be released in years has generated barely a yawn here?

-dale
I think it's received more than a yawn; pretty much an appropriate amount of discussion. There's not much to the news, and BFC really hasn't messed anything up. I think they've managed the roll-out fairly well so far - they have a decent AAR up, an ok pre-order without any "gadgets" - though a pre-order usually involves a price discount, they do give the option of digital download + physical hard copy in the mail, which seems ok. Probably industry standard, I don't know. I've not always seen this combo. Really not much for anyone to rail about, or applaud. Just business as usual.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Japanese reactors, Hanoi turtle, Charlie Sheen.

Seriously, I think some people dread the day that the release comes. There certainly is the more or less hidden fear that the game sucks and nobody enjoys the prospects of having a period of hope and dreams end all of the sudden.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think the will suck. But I still don't think BFC has seen the full extent of the backlash over some of the "missing" features from CM1.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

-dale
Nope, just practicing being from Missouri....don't tell me...SHOW ME!

Good Hunting.

MR

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

-dale
This really ceased to be a True CM forum quite a long time ago now. I would say the majority of posters here didnt follow the CMSF modules through to NATO (if at all), didnt get CMA and therefore really cant talk about certain game aspects with any real authority.

What i really mean by the above is, apart from a few discussions, what is there to gleam here about CMN for instance that cant be gleamed at the BF forum?

Maybe it will be a bit more positive when the game finally arrives in May.....

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
This really ceased to be a True CM forum quite a long time ago now.
Please tell me you're joking. You mean to say that if every participant doesn't purchase every product, the venue itself is illegitimate? Does that mean that if I go to a forum about World War II without having fought in it myself, the discussion board itself is somehow a fraud?

What i really mean by the above is, apart from a few discussions, what is there to gleam here about CMN for instance that cant be gleamed at the BF forum?
I think the word you are looking for is "glean".

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Geordie, you seem to have forgotten that Steve himself stated that he did not expect all his CM x 2 customers to buy all the modules. Before that he said that CMSF will not be for every CM x 1 gamer. Further, how different a game engine (if at all) is a fully patched CMSF compared to CMSF + all modules?

So far CM x 2 has been quite different in many ways than CM x 1. That being the case, expecting a single forum for CM games to be a melting pot is not very realistic. As discussed years ago, there will be/is fragmentation of the CM community, as well as a few invested new fans who never or rarely touched CM x 1.

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[hirr]Leto;1370460 said:
I just cashed in a million dollars in stocks from a previous re-investment of profits from one of my businesses.

I think I may have a bit of dough left over after the cigars and prostitutes to pre-order as well.

Cheers!

Leto
But perhaps not after the divorce, alimony and child support.

junk2drive

Reaction score
Geordie, you seem to have forgotten that Steve himself stated that he did not expect all his CM x 2 customers to buy all the modules. Before that he said that CMSF will not be for every CM x 1 gamer. Further, how different a game engine (if at all) is a fully patched CMSF compared to CMSF + all modules?

So far CM x 2 has been quite different in many ways than CM x 1. That being the case, expecting a single forum for CM games to be a melting pot is not very realistic. As discussed years ago, there will be/is fragmentation of the CM community, as well as a few invested new fans who never or rarely touched CM x 1.
What I find interesting is that years ago forums seem to have flourished outside of the company forums, for several games. Such as Close Combat, Steel Panthers and CM. Maybe it was the novelty if the internet and website creation. Now it seems that new releases from companies such as Matrix and Slitherine only have activity in the company forums. Sometimes not much activity even there.

Is there a need for independent forums?