I don't like cricket...

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
... I love it!

[video=youtube;DWaOI2WTuGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWaOI2WTuGY[/video]

[video=youtube;1B_0pBAfDzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B_0pBAfDzQ&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;nL21bKrNKUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL21bKrNKUw&feature=related[/video]

First day first test at the Gabba. Australia have had a rough year and England a tremendous one. I don't recall England shipping up for the Winter series as favourites before a ball is bowled.

So anyone staying up for this here? Any Aussies watching (if so good morning and you are going down!) I have work in the morning but I'm going to watch the first hour at least

Last edited:

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah well. Seen enough. I'll go to bed now and wake up to find England all out for 91 and Australia 155-0 I expect..:(

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
As a Kiwi is Oz a well balanced Ashes with England the slight favorites is a real treat!!

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No thanks. I learned all I need to know about cricket - or should I say Krikkit - from Douglas Adams.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Who to cheer for? ABE but Australia? It is sometimes really hard being a bigot.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Bad day for England, although on this pitch 260 doesn't seem too bad, maybe 40 or 50 short of a decent score. Kudos to Darth Siddle for that spell of superb wicket-to-wicket bowling that tore the heart out of Englands batting - a hat trick on his birthday..... 25/0 at the end of the day for the crims is flattering, Katich got hold of Swann in the last over to make it look better than it really was. I'm looking forward to tomorrow :)

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
No thanks. I learned all I need to know about cricket - or should I say Krikkit - from Douglas Adams.
Ha. I like to say "there are no rules to cricket. The English just like to pretend, so they'll have one thing left to lord over us." ;)

But then Nigel Blair (who officiates cricket) explained all the rules to me at ASLOK two years ago...I kinda get it now. And I DO get why Twenty20 is an abomination.

Never thought I'd see the day... :rolleyes:

S

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ha. I like to say "there are no rules to cricket. The English just like to pretend, so they'll have one thing left to lord over us." ;)

But then Nigel Blair (who officiates cricket) explained all the rules to me at ASLOK two years ago...I kinda get it now. And I DO get why Twenty20 is an abomination.

S
Yes, well Nigel knows a lot but it was me wot taught him the OBA rules.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

S
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
you have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!
my brain hurts!!!!!

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
CRICKET, isnt that the english version of baseball????? and Ian when is it ever a good day for them...............

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just got out of bed for the easement of night water. Zounds! Australia have struggled!

Doin' a little jog as it appears Ponting only got 10!

Back to bed as it is feckin' freezin'.