Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HG2 Errata

HG2 Scenario Errata
HG11: German wagon should have 8 MFs.

HG2 Mapboard Clarification
Clarification: BFP J hexes S1, S2 and S3 are considered base level -1.

HG2 Q&A
Q: HG13: The VC states that in order for the Americans to win they must have at least 25 VP on or north of BFP J, hexrow Q. Do those VP's have to be in good order? ie, non broken and not locked in Close Combat?
A: American VP need to be Good Order.

Q: HG13: The German Scenario Card states that the German Player must set-up on BFP J on/between hexrows A-R. However, according to Rule: (Chapter A, 2.3 Half Hexes), this is only allowed if the German Player could set-up on board 11. Since by setting up on hexrow A, this would violate rule A2.3. Is setup on hexrow A still allowable?
A: Yes, the setup notes overrule A2.3 for German setup for this scenario allowing Germans units to setup on the row A half hexes.

Sticky notes associated with this errata in both Letter and A4 sizes is inserted below. For the letter-sized pdf, print on Avery 5265 with scaling and resizing turned off.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another item for potential errata is the set up restrictions for "Stampede at Hill 253.5": As stands it may look as if the the set up areas are restricted to a 3 hex wide area., By the way, had a blast with this one!

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another item for potential errata is the set up restrictions for "Stampede at Hill 253.5": As stands it may look as if the the set up areas are restricted to a 3 hex wide area., By the way, had a blast with this one!
Players just need to make sure they take note of the direction of north for the scenario. Otherwise, the setup areas are pretty straightforward.

Can we expect an AAR on your playing? :toilet: Inquiring minds want to know.
Rick

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can we expect an AAR on your playing? :toilet: Inquiring minds want to know.
Rick
I'll post a short AAR in that section.

P.S. No confusion over the set up hexrows, but did get a little pre-game chuckle and banter started though.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have added the following Q&A to the compiled HG2 errata above.

HG2 Q&A
Q: HG13: The VC states that in order for the Americans to win they must have at least 25 VP on or north of BFP J, hexrow Q. Do those VP's have to be in good order? ie, non broken and not locked in Close Combat?

Q: HG13: The German Scenario Card states that the German Player must set-up on BFP J on/between hexrows A-R. However, according to Rule: (Chapter A, 2.3 Half Hexes), this is only allowed if the German Player could set-up on board 11. Since by setting up on hexrow A, this would violate rule A2.3. Is setup on hexrow A still allowable?
A: Yes, the setup notes overrule A2.3 for German setup for this scenario allowing Germans units to setup on the row A half hexes.

Rick

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HG 13-
I was looking at some of my Battle of the Bulge books before setting this up. Then I googled the town of Berdorf. It looks like Berdorf is actually in Luxembourg, not Belgium.

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is a new version of vasl board BFPJ, correcting the hilltop brush depiction (was woods in Y4,Y5,Z3,Z4). This is available at the VASL Map Bazaar and the BFP website.

Thanks for the support of BFP.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Clarification: BFP J hexes S1, S2 and S3 are considered base level 0.
You mean Base Level -1, right? (Consult the Index for the definition of Base Level.)

Crest Level would be at L0, I guess is what you mean.

Otherwise the artwork is just completely wrong.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You mean Base Level -1, right? (Consult the Index for the definition of Base Level.)

Crest Level would be at L0, I guess is what you mean.

Otherwise the artwork is just completely wrong.
Yes, it should be L -1. Have corrected the notation. Thanks, Bruce.

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
High Ground 2 Q&A

Got a question on HG2 that I wanted to get into the overall set. This one is a little involved...

Q: On Perun's Thunder SBR8, with overlapping setup areas, there may be, at setup:
-German HIP and Partisan HIP in the same hex. Clearly covered in SSR8, I think.
-German HIP and Partisan concealed units in the same hex. Is the German HIP revealed per SSR8 prior to the start of play?
-German HIP and Partisan unconcealed units in the same hex. Is the German HIP revealed per SSR 8 prior to the start of play?
If the answer to either of the latter 2 cases is no, then when exactly is the German HIP revealed?

A: The basic approach on each of these situations is the same. By A12.3, HIP is equivalent to concealment. So whatever combination of HIP or concealed units in a hex, they are treated via SBR 8.

For the case where "German HIP and Partisan HIP [set up] in the same hex.", both units remain HIP in the hex. As soon as one side is placed onboard under a concealment (through some concealment loss activity), then the other side must immediately be revealed. Place a Melee counter on the units in the hex. Normally at the start of any CCPh by A11.19 any HIP unit in a hex must be placed on board under a "?" counter, but it is conceivable that each side could remain HIP in the hex until placed onboard by dropping its HIP status for some reason, which, though unlikely, could remain that way for multiple player turns.

For the case where "German HIP and Partisan concealed units [set up] in the same hex.", then prior to the start of play, the German HIP unit is revealed and the Partisan unit must drop its concealment. Place a Melee counter on the units in the hex.

For the case where "German HIP and Partisan unconcealed units [set up] in the same hex.", then prior to the start of play, the German HIP unit is revealed and a Melee counter is placed on the units in the hex.

This situation in all cases is treated as an ongoing Melee at the start of play.

I have transferred this to the overall HG2 errata info and updated below.
Rick

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HG2 Scenario Errata
HG11: German wagon should have 8 MFs.

Clarification: BFP J hexes S1, S2 and S3 are considered base level -1.

HG2 Q&A

Q: HG8, SBR8: With overlapping setup areas, there may be, at setup:
-German HIP and Partisan HIP in the same hex. Clearly covered in SSR8, I think.
-German HIP and Partisan concealed units in the same hex. Is the German HIP revealed per SSR8 prior to the start of play?
-German HIP and Partisan unconcealed units in the same hex. Is the German HIP revealed per SSR 8 prior to the start of play?
If the answer to either of the latter 2 cases is no, then when exactly is the German HIP revealed?

A: The basic approach on each of these situations is the same. By A12.3, HIP is equivalent to concealment. So whatever combination of HIP or concealed units in a hex, they are treated via SBR 8.

For the case where "German HIP and Partisan HIP [set up] in the same hex.", both units remain HIP in the hex. As soon as one side is placed onboard under a concealment (through some concealment loss activity), then the other side must immediately be revealed. Place a Melee counter on the units in the hex. Normally at the start of any CCPh by A11.19 any HIP unit in a hex must be placed on board under a "?" counter, but it is conceivable that each side could remain HIP in the hex until placed onboard by dropping its HIP status for some reason, which, though unlikely, could remain that way for multiple player turns.

For the case where "German HIP and Partisan concealed units [set up] in the same hex.", then prior to the start of play, the German HIP unit is revealed and the Partisan unit must drop its concealment. Place a Melee counter on the units in the hex.

For the case where "German HIP and Partisan unconcealed units [set up] in the same hex.", then prior to the start of play, the German HIP unit is revealed and a Melee counter is placed on the units in the hex.

This situation in all cases is treated as an ongoing Melee at the start of play.

Sticky notes can be found in post #1 of this thread.

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have added the following clarification on HG6 Damned at Demyansk:

HG6: SBR 3 Clarification: A total of one Roadblock may be exchanged for the mine factors.

Enclosed is the latest set of compiled errata and Q&A as of 9/29/2013

View attachment 42830

Thanks,
Rick

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HG-6, SSR EXC says "12 AP Mine Factors may be exchanged for a Roadblock."

The wording is a little* unclear. It could be taken to mean only one such exchange is allowed, and likewise it could be read as any sets of 12 you trade in gains you a roadblock.

Which is the intent?

Thanks,

Andy

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HG-6, SSR EXC says "12 AP Mine Factors may be exchanged for a Roadblock."

The wording is a little* unclear. It could be taken to mean only one such exchange is allowed, and likewise it could be read as any sets of 12 you trade in gains you a roadblock.

Which is the intent?

Thanks,

Andy
I don't see it as unclear. It states [EXC: 12 AP Mine Factors may be exhanged for a Roadblock]. To me, it would have to state that "24 AP mines factors could be exchanged for two roadblocks" to get what you are reading into it.

Plus, this has already been decided upon by Rick and Chas. See the post above yours, Andy.

Sam

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't see it as unclear. It states [EXC: 12 AP Mine Factors may be exhanged for a Roadblock]. To me, it would have to state that "24 AP mines factors could be exchanged for two roadblocks" to get what you are reading into it.

Plus, this has already been decided upon by Rick and Chas. See the post above yours, Andy.

Sam
My total bad for missing what was just above my post. Do'h.

I disagree as to the original wording being clear enough. There is more than one way to skin the cat on that wording...as written it is blocks of 12 that create the exchange rate and that rate has no limit as written.

The way you suggest makes it most clear that 2 could be exchanged for, but as written there is nothing to suggest that the limit is only 1 more roadblock.

That wording goes thus (although there are other ways to write it as well). "One additional Roadblock may be obtain by the exchange of 12 AP Mines."

Anyways official answer noted.

Last edited:

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Andy has found an errata in HG10. The coordinates are reversed for noting Russian and German setup and should be from 16Z1-33Z10 and from 16X1-33X10, respectively. I'll get updated errata sheets and sticky notes out here shortly, but here it is in the interrim.

HG10: Russian setup instructions should read "Set up on/south of hexrow 16Z1-33Z10 (See SBR2).". German setup instructions should read "Set up on/north of hexrow 16X1-33X10."

Rick

Last edited: