Game questions?

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The new interface has got me a bit befuddled.

Something whose name I do not know is constantly turned on and cluttering up my view of things. It's the field of quick actions that only used to appear if one of my bags was open.

If I knew what this thing was called I could probably figure out how to configure it. I don't mind having it up when I'm travelling in a dangerous area, but it's absurd to wander around Elrond's house staring at my combat options if I'm not an orc.
This is the "quickslots always visible" option. It used to default to "off", not it defaults to "on". Should be a simple click in the UI options.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm, do you have a screenshot of it?

This is what you might want to know as well- they turned this off on every character by default :angry: get's your skills info out of the center of the screen.

Allows you to move the info box where you want it, I moved mine to the upper right.

Options-> U.I. -> Enable Static Placed Tool Tips.

:)

View attachment 31034

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I was very confused until I realized that quickslots has its own section in the options screen. Which explains why I couldn't find the controls in the UI section.

The other thing that has me wondering is in the section for deeds (*** incorrect terminology alert ***), I've noticed that you can kill a gadzillion orcs in CloudCuckooLand to get 5 TP and some nearly useless potential buff, or you can hit the Accelerate button.

I don't recall seeing the Accelerate button before. What exactly is it for (yes, I know, the slothful), and what happens exactly if I hit it? And will my inner Cotton Mather go berserk if he catches me doing it?

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was very confused until I realized that quickslots has its own section in the options screen. Which explains why I couldn't find the controls in the UI section.

The other thing that has me wondering is in the section for deeds (*** incorrect terminology alert ***), I've noticed that you can kill a gadzillion orcs in CloudCuckooLand to get 5 TP and some nearly useless potential buff, or you can hit the Accelerate button.

I don't recall seeing the Accelerate button before. What exactly is it for (yes, I know, the slothful), and what happens exactly if I hit it? And will my inner Cotton Mather go berserk if he catches me doing it?
Be careful spending points on that. I had that problem when running the Great Barrow after the update. I arrived late and people pulled me into what is now the first half. We complete it and the group goes into the second half of the instance, except I can not. No error message either, just greyed out "join your group in instance" for something.

It later turned out that my late arrival in the first half-instance made me not complete what is now a deed in there that is required for the second half, namely the two halves of the key of which I ended up having only the first half.

But the point is: Turbine in their wisdom had placed a "buy deed acceleration" on that very deed that only has 2 things to do. There's no chance that you get anything out of spending your money there.