New MMP Web Site

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Pre ordered a couple of copies of No Question of Surrender a game about the Axis campaign to take Bir Hakiem. Since I cant ask over on MMP folder at C world, has this website upgrade delayed production alot?

And ya I never play it but boy once these games sell out, they go for big bucks on ebay lol.

Scott

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Pre ordered a couple of copies of No Question of Surrender a game about the Axis campaign to take Bir Hakiem. Since I cant ask over on MMP folder at C world, has this website upgrade delayed production alot?

And ya I never play it but boy once these games sell out, they go for big bucks on ebay lol.

Scott
The site has been up for about two weeks. Have you noticed a great slow down in production in the last two weeks?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
The site has been up for about two weeks. Have you noticed a great slow down in production in the last two weeks?
I sure have! I have had to go and order TPP to satisfy my needs! God two weeks is killing me (not my wallet) what are they thinking up on the Hill (ops wrong company, but that is where this all came from)....

:mad::freak::devious::blab::angry::laugh::laugh::laugh::D:D:D :cool:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sam

Are you wearing your MMP underroos when you come to their defense 24/7? lol

Scott

John Fedoriw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
When you register and look at pre-order history does it only show present pre-orders or also old ones (games that reached pre-order, were printed and shipped)? I registered and looked and saw nothing. If I recall correctly on the old sight it had my full pre-order history going back to the 1st MMP item I ever pre-ordered (and which was subsequently printed...so was no longer really a pre-order). I have nothing on pre-order presently...just want to make sure I did everything properly.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sam

Are you wearing your MMP underroos when you come to their defense 24/7? lol

Scott
I will NOT ask whay kind of underoos you wear. I REALLY don't want to know.

I will point out that you are the one who (24/7) likes to point to supposed failings of MMP. So really, have you noticed some slow down caused by the new web site? If not, why are you asking the question? (other than your undies are in a knot.)

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Colour me lazy, but what's the current status of international order shipping?

I thought I'd do the right thing and order J8 direct, but $20 for the item and $30.50 for shipping is not exactly an incentive.

Not a slam, just a "where are we up to" :)

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand
Colour me lazy, but what's the current status of international order shipping?

I thought I'd do the right thing and order J8 direct, but $20 for the item and $30.50 for shipping is not exactly an incentive.

Not a slam, just a "where are we up to" :)
YMMV, but I have found it prohibitive to order direct from MMP unless there is no other choice (i.e. an item only available direct from MMP).
MMP pre-orders get shipped as single items - no opportunity to group items to save on postage, plus the pre-order price from MMP is usually about the same as the regular price from other online suppliers.
Ordering from a 3rd party also allows me to combine the order with TPP items and the occassional non-ASL item as well. This helps with the postage costs and lets my NZ pesos go a little further.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Thanks for all the hard work on the website Dave and I know that postage is out of MMPs hands - I thought I'd seen something about the cheaper international postage somewhere and I had already checked on the USPS website, boy are those guys ripping the p*ss charging that amount or what!? Saying that I just checked NZ Post and their rates to the US are similar, and are about double those to the UK. Guess the USPS are making some money there.......

Sell through Amazon - their postal rates are cheaper :)

Last edited:

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...Guess the USPS are making some money there.......
Not that I would ever make excuses for USPS, but shipping costs have skyrocketed pretty much across the board: licensing, fuel, road taxes, predatory inspections, insurance...it t'ain't pretty out there.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Except when fuel costs dropped shipping costs didn't.
I think USPS are just making some money at both ends - they're charging a lot to send out of the country to anywhere and it costs double to send into the US also, so they must be taking their cut there too. Bad situation for MMP and for us.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Except when fuel costs dropped shipping costs didn't.
Nor did the "fuel surcharges" many companies institiuted...I've had a running battle with Waste Management asking them to actually quantify the surcharge (they can't) or add the damn cost into the regular rate.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I like the new site. One of the major frustrations was for me was credit card expiry date problems. having a facility to update this independently will save a whole lot problems and should make the purchasing/shipping process painless for those modules that take several years to move from pre-order to production.

Really looking forward to 'Where eagles Dare'.....

Cheers

Paul

volpetrolski

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
maybe it has been posted before, but it does anybody know if the downloadable content of the former site is still available ? I need that "eight steps to asl" doc for a few new trainees here.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Can confirm the postage on <4lb orders to Australia has DRAMATICALLY reduced!!!

OOA2 + Ops Special Issue 3 + BRT GG together now only $20 postage!

dagalord

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Which shipping charge will be applied to preorders from the old website?, original or actual?