Color coded Close Combat Table Odds Ratio - NO MATH REQUIRED from 1;1 to 50:30

IanP

Reaction score
Country
ll
Really useful piece of work - thanks for sharing. The clear colour coding makes the calculation super easy.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Very nicely done. I have no problem calculating the ratios, but my pedagogical skills have shown weakness trying to explain to a couple beginners who do struggle with it. This will be great to be able to hand the them. Thanks.

S

rglesINDY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't seem to recall the last time I saw 50 CC FP factors stacked in one location. :OHNO:

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I can't seem to recall the last time I saw 50 CC FP factors stacked in one location. :OHNO:
The overstack! Oh, the overstack!

Lowest impact way I can imagine would be 6 838s and couple leaders. :nuts: But better to account too much than too little!

S

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You really need to have a pair if you're going to initiate a 50:30 CC attack! I'd hate for that to go bad. :hissyfit:

ireland94

Starter Kit Teacher/Mento
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very nicely done. I have no problem calculating the ratios, but my pedagogical skills have shown weakness trying to explain to a couple beginners who do struggle with it. This will be great to be able to hand the them. Thanks.

S
I am currently teaching 8 players Starter Kit on VASL. I needed sometime to explain to noubies. Tables are much better than trying to explain and do the math, then do the math, then do the math - It does mean that they may not have an understanding of the math calculations but as you say, this will be great for them.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I find this one a bit easier to read:
Yes, much easier, but still a bit of a strain.

For me, it would be nicer if A->N wasn't a gradient of dark......light, but rather alternating dark-light-dark-light-dark-light... etc etc.

ireland94

Starter Kit Teacher/Mento
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, much easier, but still a bit of a strain.

For me, it would be nicer if A->N wasn't a gradient of dark......light, but rather alternating dark-light-dark-light-dark-light... etc etc.
Both charts have the same problem of banding as in the low ratios bands are not distinct. This is just the nature of the ratios and doesn't reflect the palette choice in either chart.