Official CMN Release Date Betting Pool.

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Pick your date for the release of CMN. First come first serve. You can only choose once. You can only select a static three period date: ie 01/09/2015.

The winner will receive a free copy of the game and a bag of Doritos... from Elvis.

Since its my thread, I get to go first.

My pick: 15/02/2011.

It won't be done this year.

Cheers!

Leto

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hmm, this would be a tricky one. It was a long time from seeing a couple of CMSF screenshots until the game arrived. Then again how big would the bag of Doritos be? I'm hoping family size.

As always, Im torn between seeing whats happened in the past and hoping they can deliver something as promised. My best estimate is:

15/11/2010.

However, this I suspect is just being hopeful.....

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[hirr]Leto;1278912 said:
The winner will receive a free copy of the game and a bag of Doritos... from Elvis.

Cheers!

Leto
You bastard!!! Don't you know I might already be on the hook for a case of Bud Light for dalem (like the wayIslipped in th echeap beer...let's see if it holds)

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't need a free copy but I say July 23, 2010. That only applies if there is no retail partner. I might post an estimate for the with-retail case later.

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I don't need a free copy but I say July 23, 2010. That only applies if there is no retail partner. I might post an estimate for the with-retail case later.
You will have to arrange with Elvis as to what may be more suitable to your, ahem, proclivities and appetites... that is, if you win... I am sure that Elvis will be more than happy to oblige you. In any way that you see fit... ahem.

Cheers!

Leto

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Avoiding the difference in every day six digit date conventions among our respective homelands: Halloween 2010.
The sensible way to do date formats is to use three letter abbreviations - i.e. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr etc. Why more people don't do that, I have no idea. Most militaries do as a matter of course.

So you are saying 31 Oct 2010.

I am sure we posted about this before, but I can't find my earlier prediction. I'll see if I can dig it out and post it in this thread.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The sensible way to do date formats is to use three letter abbreviations - i.e. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr etc. Why more people don't do that, I have no idea. Most militaries do as a matter of course.

So you are saying 31 Oct 2010.

I am sure we posted about this before, but I can't find my earlier prediction. I'll see if I can dig it out and post it in this thread.
Yes.

With regard to the way dates are expressed numerically, it is a matter of personal preference. When I say a date, I say: "October--31st--2010." That directly translates to 10/31/10.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes.

With regard to the way dates are expressed numerically, it is a matter of personal preference. When I say a date, I say: "October--31st--2010." That directly translates to 10/31/10.

Always seemed strange to do month day then year. Its like saying I will meet you at 6pm plus ten minutes instead of ten past 6.

However, it does cause less confusion to do as MD says and whichever way you write it you cant confuse Jan 1 2010, 01 Jan 2010 etc......

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I'm sticking with "never".

-dale
Given that Steve has said Afghanistan will come out first, and there is no news about that one - though I suppose there is no real reason they would have to be widely separated - my June prediction appears to be far from the mark but I will not be ungentlemanly and change it now.

I'm not sure there are any real developments to the engine that I can get overly excited about. I think the choice of units/campaign will be a large driver of how much excitement the game will generate for some. If it is just generic U.S. vs. German units in the bocage in the middle of Normandy, it won't be as interesting to me as some of the more well-known campaigns such as the U.S. airborne fighting around Carentan against German paratroopers, etc. So I'm curious to see how this will be marketed; particularly the name of the game. I wonder if the title won't be related to the campaign and choice of units, hence the secrecy.

vulture

Reaction score
Country
ll
If you'd asked me back around Christmas, I'd have said (in view of Steve's comments about 2010 not being in the timeframe, and then later that they could have finished by Christmas but wanted a holiday this year) that it ought to be out by the end of March. Now however, I'll be pleasently surprised if it turns up before September.

Picking a date at random, 1st October 2010. Then I can get it shortly after that for my birthday.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given that Steve has said Afghanistan will come out first, and there is no news about that one - though I suppose there is no real reason they would have to be widely separated - my June prediction appears to be far from the mark but I will not be ungentlemanly and change it now.

I'm not sure there are any real developments to the engine that I can get overly excited about. I think the choice of units/campaign will be a large driver of how much excitement the game will generate for some. If it is just generic U.S. vs. German units in the bocage in the middle of Normandy, it won't be as interesting to me as some of the more well-known campaigns such as the U.S. airborne fighting around Carentan against German paratroopers, etc. So I'm curious to see how this will be marketed; particularly the name of the game. I wonder if the title won't be related to the campaign and choice of units, hence the secrecy.
My opinions remain unchanged here. I figure that title reveal and a new forum will signal that they think they are within 60 days of release. I don't read any gaming sites or periodicals so I have no idea if they have run any advertisements for CMx2 or for how long before or after release. If they really intend to release CMAstan first then that is of course another bump back for anything else. I also don't know how much effort they will put into the release and support of CMAstan.

That's a heap-ton of "I don't knows", eh? :)

The last batch of screenshots puts them further along than I'd figured by this time, but nowhere near a finish line, IMO. Lots of close-ups of guys and a tank, but no real "in action" shots if I recall, and no money shots of things like on-map mortars or trenches or other "deal-breaker"s, I think. Maybe I missed one though.

And of course I could be completely full of poop and it might already be done and just waiting for some other esoteric factor about which I am completely ignorant. But I don't think so.

-dale

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With a lack of any promotional "this is it" hype yet I pick the release date for CM:Afgan as Nov 26 2010 only because thats Black Friday & it would be a good sales tactic.

As for CM:N -
A good tactic for BFC will be to release CM-Afgan and still NOT announce a release date for CM:N. That way if Afgan is crippled with flaws and bugs and is trashed that gives BFC wiggle room to keep working on BFC because- well they never said exactly when CM:N was coming out did they...

If CM:AF gets good reviews then CM:N comes out Dec 20 2010, if not then only June 05 2011 makes sence.

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As for CM:N -
A good tactic for BFC will be to release CM-Afgan and still NOT announce a release date for CM:N. That way if Afgan is crippled with flaws and bugs and is trashed that gives BFC wiggle room to keep working on BFC because- well they never said exactly when CM:N was coming out did they...
Yep. Xmas 2009, and then definitely 2010. And Steve had no plans to miss a summer 2010 release date, remember.

-dale

Patrocles

Reaction score
[hirr]Leto;1278912 said:
Pick your date for the release of CMN. First come first serve. You can only choose once. You can only select a static three period date: ie 01/09/2015.

Since its my thread, I get to go first.

My pick: 15/02/2011.

It won't be done this year.

Cheers!

Leto
It will be done this year and released prior to Christmas! :D

my pick: December 15, 2010

Last edited: