The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We found out I may have Asperger's Syndrome and that would explain some of my problems (focus on things other than my loved ones and unable to show affection towards those I love).

Asperger's huh huh :)
Is THAT what DeYoung's calling it now? :laugh:

Well that guy on Boston Legal had it & he was a brilliant attorney, so ya' got that going for ya'. What that wasn't real? Uh, never mind.

Seriously - good luck in dealing with it. Knowing there's an issue is at least half the battle - hopefully there's some form of treatment to make things better for you and your family, although I'd guess being cognizant of the condition is a huge step in the right direction.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Is THAT what DeYoung's calling it now? :laugh:

Well that guy on Boston Legal had it & he was a brilliant attorney, so ya' got that going for ya'. What that wasn't real? Uh, never mind.

Seriously - good luck in dealing with it. Knowing there's an issue is at least half the battle - hopefully there's some form of treatment to make things better for you and your family, although I'd guess being cognizant of the condition is a huge step in the right direction.
Yeah that alone seems to be huge. I still have to see someone about it and see if there's medication I can take to help cope with it. Yah! More f'n pills! I already take more than 20 per day. :(

zenprole

Reaction score
Seen these guys three times live. And I wish I could rep you but I can't.

Put a copy in FOBA, where it belongs.
Hey, Trev! I'm a huge Rush fan...even got a postcard from Neil once.

EDIT: Geddy now appearing on FOBA thread. Git yet tix nao!

Last edited:

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah that alone seems to be huge. I still have to see someone about it and see if there's medication I can take to help cope with it. Yah! More f'n pills! I already take more than 20 per day. :(
I thought all that stuff(my own of course) was brought on by childhood experiences or lack thereof. :hmmm:

I tried the doctor's pills but they made me even more bizarre. Although I did think of some really cool ways to kill individuals and/or masses. :crosseye:

Wo ist mein hanfschreck? :smoke::smoke::smoke:

Hanfschreck TC w/ -1 modifier
11! :angry:
passed but depleted :laugh:

Last edited:

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I tried the doctor's pills but they made me even more bizarre. Although I did think of some really cool ways to kill individuals and/or masses. :crosseye:
Hard to believe you used to work at the post office. Just don't fit the profile at all... :hush:

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did a very cursory web search and it doesn't sound like it's really treated with medication. More therapy/counseling type stuff. Joy.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-main-symptoms-of-aspergers-syndrome-in-adults.htm

But hey at least you don't have to swallow anything else. I mean more pills of course, what were you thinking? :devious:

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hard to believe you used to work at the post office. Just don't fit the profile at all... :hush:
In retrospect, I shouldn't have learned the tactics and use of small arms & explosives. :D

I have nothing to fear but myself. Of course there's always the potential of a Coup by the extreme radical minority(right or left) in the Parliment of My Mind. :devious:

Last edited:

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It seems to have been fixed now.

I haven't kept up with the off season moves. Haven't really been following the NFL playoffs like I used to. I do know who won the games but I haven't been following everything during the week and only watched most of the DAL-MIN until last weekend. We found out I may have Asspoker's Syndrome :p and that would explain some of my problems (focus on things other than my loved ones and unable to show affection towards those I love).

Asperger's huh huh :)
I think one of Curt's kids has Asperger's.
Better that than Alzheimer's.
Quit eating asperagus dumbass :smoke:

2 Bit Bill

комиссар рыба
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I thought all that stuff(my own of course) was brought on by childhood experiences or lack thereof. :hmmm:

Wo ist mein hanfschreck? :smoke::smoke::smoke:

Hanfschreck TC w/ -1 modifier
11! :angry:
passed but depleted :laugh:
You? More bizarre? Wow! :nuts:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I did a very cursory web search and it doesn't sound like it's really treated with medication. More therapy/counseling type stuff. Joy.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-main-symptoms-of-aspergers-syndrome-in-adults.htm

But hey at least you don't have to swallow anything else. I mean more pills of course, what were you thinking? :devious:
Medication is common for more serious cases. I don't think I have it that bad but reading that list I definitely checked a few things off. Then when I read about spouse's dealing with someone who has AS was like Michelle wrote the freakin thing. :OHNO:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Medication is common for more serious cases. I don't think I have it that bad but reading that list I definitely checked a few things off. Then when I read about spouse's dealing with someone who has AS was like Michelle wrote the freakin thing. :OHNO:
Prayers going your way, bro. For the whole family.

Pervert! :angry:
Takes one to know one, sweetie. :p

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Just reading the wikipedia Idiot's Guide To Aspergers, looks like we all have it.

impairment in social interaction
restricted patterns of behavior, activities and interests
no clinically significant delay in cognitive development
Intense preoccupation with a narrow subject (erm, yes)
one-sided verbosity (look around, this to me is the clincher)
restricted prosody
physical clumsiness

I'm off to the docs now........

In all seriousness tho, take it easy big guy and hope it's all working out.

Dave Olie

High King of New Scotland
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just reading the wikipedia Idiot's Guide To Aspergers, looks like we all have it.

impairment in social interaction
restricted patterns of behavior, activities and interests
no clinically significant delay in cognitive development
Intense preoccupation with a narrow subject (erm, yes)
one-sided verbosity (look around, this to me is the clincher)
restricted prosody
physical clumsiness
Aspergers, phooey. It's called "nerdishness", and yes we all have it here, to some extent. I meet all those "symptoms" except maybe the verbosity. Oh, and the restricted prosody. Whatever.

In all seriousness tho, take it easy big guy and hope it's all working out.
Well, me too, but honestly, the voices in my head say "Don't trust psychiatrists!" :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.