The madness continues

dachda

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My God, the bidding jumped from $30.50 to $241.00 in one go. Who would actually pay for this? Note this covers the "ground war in Iraq, February 2001". Hmmm, 9/11 hadn't even happened yet? Did I miss something in the news?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Good luck with purchasing it but $243? I would pay $40 maybe but certainly no more until I'd seen it.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My God, the bidding jumped from $30.50 to $241.00 in one go. Who would actually pay for this? Note this covers the "ground war in Iraq, February 2001". Hmmm, 9/11 hadn't even happened yet? Did I miss something in the news?
You forgot about Gulf War I, due to the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq. Gulf War II was a continuation due to cease-fire conditions being breached.

edit: Oops, just realized the reference to 2001 -- was thinking 1991. Doh!

Last edited:

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The battle in Feb 2001.....hm, typos from the beginning....and it's HOW FREAKING MUCH?

Not with my lottery winnings even...

Mark DV
Ada, MI

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I collect and play, and have paid large sums for some stuff but refuse to buy or try to bid for any of his stuff, he should perhaps have more printed and sell at a more realistic price, saying that i probably still would not buy them.

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would not call my set any less complete because I don't own any of wild Bill's "products". Clearly, they are nothing more than a grab for cash among a niche of gamers that is not short on people willing to buy ASL potatoes. Especially true he only needs one sucker to but the lone product he puts out.

I see no honor in it.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
The guy put in $240.00 as his max bid. There pretty good at policing people ghost bidding up there own sales.
Man...you sure...
Ebay are SHITE at policing shill bidding
Absolutely SHITE beyond comprehension mate

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Man...you sure...
Ebay are SHITE at policing shill bidding
Absolutely SHITE beyond comprehension mate
I used to go to alot of auctions and watched it all the time. One simple rule. Don't bid more than you want to pay. Problem with auction is people let ther emotions dictate what they pay. Auction fever can be nasty.

I've seen people banned for it when it is brought to there attention. They can't do a thing about it if there not told about it.

It's really to easy to do on E-bay and it would take an idiot to get caught.

Caveat emptor

Calimero

a.k.a "jp"
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The funny thing is ... at this price ... the description of the product says "I don't make money on shipping costs".

Sheesh ... that's a relief, mate. Otherwise I'd thought it was a money grab. :smoke: