kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Action Pack 6: A Decade of War

Retail Price: $34.00
Preorder Price: $25.50
Preorders Needed: 800

MMP is proud to announce our collaboration with three well-known ASL grognards to produce a new Action Pack. ASL Action Pack 6: Decade of War—will have three new mapboards and ten new scenarios using them.

When talking ASL, Gary Fortenberry, Charlie Kibler, and Bob McNamara need no introduction; all three were major figures in ASL at The Avalon Hill Game Company before MMP took over ASL development. The new mapboards—based on a concept that Gary has been toying with for a number of years—resemble two half-boards placed side-by-side and allow new mapboard configurations not possible before. (Imagine a pair of current maps laid side by side, long edges abutting. One of the new maps would lay across the ends of the two maps, adjacent to both. It allows for some very interesting new combinations, and the maps themselves are pretty cool in their own right.) Each map is backprinted with an almost-exact copy designed to fit geomorphically with existing maps no matter which orientation is used.

The scenarios consist of a battle a year for the ten year period of 1936-1945 and feature the combined research and design skills of Fort, Charlie, and Mac. They involve the Spanish Civil War, the Sino-Japanese War, France 1940, Malaya, The Philippines, the East Front, and the Bulge. Also included are optional Australian Balancing System (ABS) handicap bids for each scenario, providing 8 levels of balance for each battle.

Contents:

* 3 11"x16" geomorphic mapboards (1a - CHECK IT OUT! &1b, 2a - CHECK IT OUT! & 2b, and 3a - CHECK IT OUT! & 3b)
* 10 new scenarios

Web Link!

Last edited:

snave

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just checked it out and made my preorder.

I am hoping there is some way to convince MMP that the way river artwork has been done is causing LOS problems. Just the same as not making maps where higher level hills bleed into lowel level hills. That same logic should carry on to the rivers. Those level zero hexes bleeding into the river hexes in Red Don created plenty of questions with no answers.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey MMP guys...

I just got a notice that "advancedsquadleader.com" expired and is pending renewal. (took me to a Network Solutions page...)

Multimanpublishing.com still works...

Arlecchino

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
It's possible to know how terrain use the various scenario? DTO, PTO, ETO?
I hear that's many PTO scenario, is right?

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
4 of the 10 scenarios use the Japanese; 3 of the 10 use the Chinese. Only one of those scenarios actually employs PTO Terrain.

The remaining 6 scenarios are all "ETO".

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's possible to know how terrain use the various scenario? DTO, PTO, ETO?
I hear that's many PTO scenario, is right?
ETO -AP53 Far From Home – 7 turns, 18 December 1936, Boadilla del Monte, Spain (Republicans v Nationalists)

ETO - AP54 800 Heroes – 5.5 turns, 29 October 1937, Shanghai, China (IJA v GMD)

ETO - AP55 The Generalissimo's Own – 6.5 turns, 26 May 1938, Lanfeng, China (IJA v GMD)

ETO - AP56 Quagmire – 10 turns, 22 September 1939, Changsha, China (IJA v GMD)

ETO - AP57 Kleckerweise – 9 turns, 14 May 1940, Chéméry, France (French v German)

PTO - AP58 Sat Sri Aakal! – 7 turns, 2 January 1942, Ka,par, Malaya (Commonwealth v IJA)

PTO - AP59 Taking Heads – 6.5 Turns, 1 January 1942, along the Magalang Road, south of Concepcion, Luzon (IJA v PA)

ETO - AP60 Nishe, Nyet! – 7.5 turns, 10 February 1943, Nishne-Gnilovskaya, Russia (red Army v German)

ETO - AP61 Desobry's Defense – 7 Turns, 19 December 1944, Noville, Belgium (US v German)

ETO - AP62 Shouting into the Storm – 6.5 Turns, 8 February 1945, Ziegenhagen, Pomerania, Germany (Red Army v German)

Last edited:

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, nothing like peer pressure via the Internet no less to get one to buy...

Pre ordered and waiting....it's shipping on a Monday, right?

I would hope I've got it in my grimy paws by say, the ASL OPEN in April?

Mark DV
Ada, MI

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Merely 6 to go before it hits the P#. Now, with AP6 knocking at the door of production, how soon will it actually get to the printer(s)?