Chemical warfare question.

Ais

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
I have a question about the chemical weapons. When chemical weapon use is enabled via an event, then what attack starts to count as a chemical attack?
Every artillery attack? Or does it have to be an attack by a unit that has the "Chemical artillery" icon?

We are curretnly working on a NATO-WARPAC scenario and wanted to make the soviet SSM battalions using FROGs to deliver chemical strikes. The question is, will we have to shift these units to have the "chemical artillery" icons, or can they remain with the "missile artillery" icon and still conduct chemical attacks?

Goliath

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The manual (p. 60) Says:
'- Force 1 or 2 Is Granted Chemical Release: Subsequent Attacks
by the Force’s Artillery and Aircraft equipment are enhanced by
chemicals.',
which I interpret as all artillery attacks and aircraft combat support being enhanced.

I was granted chemical release in Fulda 55, and have the impression that it gives more punch to artillery attacks in general (not that it seems to matter, since Heldenkaiser is beginning to push me back into East Germany...:upset:).

Ais

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Yeah, that is what I assumed, but I wanted to be sure.

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I was granted chemical release in Fulda 55, and have the impression that it gives more punch to artillery attacks in general (not that it seems to matter, since Heldenkaiser is beginning to push me back into East Germany...:upset:).
The funny thing is--don't know if I told you, Martin--that NATO forces have NOT received authorization to use chemicals. So we're actually fighting with one arm tied behind our backs! :surprise:

Goliath

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The funny thing is--don't know if I told you, Martin--that NATO forces have NOT received authorization to use chemicals. So we're actually fighting with one arm tied behind our backs! :surprise:
Yes, the situation briefing has shown that NATO has restrained themselves, despite my liberal use of chemicals. What annoys me is that playing dirty (literally :D) has not paid off that much. And what's even worse, I got the attached news string when opening the latest turn. And I who thought that the capitalists would show their weakness by playing for the moral high ground, thus digging their own grave :laugh::laugh: