The VASL Map Bazaar is open!

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All,

I finally put all of the latest stuff (recolored boards and overlays, updates to the Ye Old Booke) in one place.

Olde VASL Map Bazaar (soon to be defunck): The VASL Map Bazaar

Moderator Edit: New Map Bazaar link:
The new & Improved VASL Map Bazaar

Hopefully this'll give people one place to find the v5-colored VASL boards and paraphernalia. When I put out a new board or update an old one, it'll get announced here and updated there.

Are they official? Nah. Probably on "permanent beta" status, to borrow a phrase from Google. Still, we all can learn from a little indefiniteness in our lives.

Enjoy, and please report any broken links or other problems to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tom,
That LFT1 map wouldn't St Naziere (sp) would it?
Carl

All,

I finally put all of the latest stuff (recolored boards and overlays, updates to the Ye Old Booke) in one place.

The VASL Map Bazaar

Hopefully this'll give people one place to find the v5-colored VASL boards and paraphernalia. When I put out a new board or update an old one, it'll get announced here and updated there.

Are they official? Nah. Probably on "permanent beta" status, to borrow a phrase from Google. Still, we all can learn from a little indefiniteness in our lives.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All,

The VASL Map Bazaar

I'd rep you but it seems like the system thinks you get too much as it is.

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All,

The VASL Map Bazaar

Very cool, thanks.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am not sure if this the right place bring this up, but the V5 Standard Overlay and XP Overlay zip file has the latest Stream (ST) as a 2008 release. I have May 2009 in my VASL v5 overlays as the latest. Was there an update that didn't get into the zip?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am not sure if this the right place bring this up, but the V5 Standard Overlay and XP Overlay zip file has the latest Stream (ST) as a 2008 release. I have May 2009 in my VASL v5 overlays as the latest. Was there an update that didn't get into the zip?
Not that I know of.

bennyb

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
That's excellent, thanks Tuomo.

May I suggest putting absolutely everything, maps and overlays, into a single download? Then if you make a change to a single map file, just zip it all up again and increase the version number. Something like VASLMapPack_1.02.zip
Structure it in such a way as to extract to two separate folders "maps" and "overlays", I think this would help new VASL users immensely, there is currently a ton of monkey work involved in downloading/unzipping all the files.

Ben

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Latest news - the VASL version of board 59 (released at Winter Offensive 2010) is available here

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Tom,

I just had (what I thought was) an excellent idea :) When the v5 boards go live as the official boards, can we also keep the v4 boards in the collection without having to change our preferences? What I'm thinking is that official boards that represent the mounted boards will be included as well as "mounted 01" or something similar to differentiate themselves.

This would obviously not normally be an issue, but (and I'm thinking of Victor's recent post which I just read) as we know, the SK-style boards actually differ from the mounted boards. It would be nice to have the choice of which boards to use.

If wlk gets crazy, maybe there could even just be a checkbox and the boards would have the same names to maintain backwards compatability with people using older versions of vasl.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you can name your boards anything your want after you place them in your directory (which allows you to use whatever version you want - just send the board files with a different name to your opponent and you are off to the races)

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the easiest thing is to place the old-style (mounted) boards in one directory and the SK-style boards in another. Then just point your VASL to the right directory when you create a board.

Might be a good change for wlk to make, though, to allow boards to live in whatever directory they want, and not just have one default directory that VASL looks in. Wouldn't add too much space to a game's savefile to specify the full path name.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I keep two sets and just make a soft link to one or the other for VASL. I don't really use the v4 anymore, but I want to keep them around too.