Gettysburg Campaign I

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well the Rebels are putting pressure on my Union forces all over the map. My excursion across the river is ending badly as Rebel infantry has arrived and is steadily pushing me backwards. Had one regiment rout behind enemy lines and they will end up in Andersonville. Meanwhile I'm skedaddling the cavalry out of there as fast as I can afford to. The guns have all been pulled back and set up on my side of the river to provide support and I've sent in Von Gilsa's brigade as support to help everyone else back across. I'm also sending Slocum's entire Corps that direction as I'm afraid that he'll try and force a crossing there since he has so much infantry there. 5th Corps is being pulled back as the Rebels have flanked them on the right and basically destroyed a brigade there. We'll get back to form a good line but it will be costly. Sending in a couple of divisions from 3rd Corps in support. 3rd Corps troops along with a couple of brigades from 1st Corps have relieved 2nd Corps. However the Rebels are pressuring the right flank of 1st Corps that 2nd Corps will be sent there with no time to rest. I'm hoping that the Rebels are getting just as tired as I am and will stop for the night allowing me to reposition everyone. Sorry I couldn't get a screenshot posted but I couldn't grab one for some reason.

big ed

Reaction score
Great AAR! I'm currently playing this or a variant in a Campaign. Its good to see how others handle the situation. Keep up the good work. To be fair I'm going to tell my opponent about this AAR.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad you like it. Always nice to get some encouragement. Hope it proves useful in some way, especially as I've taken a different tack then I usually do.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just completed the Union turn 40 and I feel the momentum that I gained from my cavalry foray slipping away as the Confederate infantry keep arriving and putting pressure on my northern lines. An unforseen consequence of my cavalry forays was that it drew Confederate infantry south and I all of a sudden find myself with no infantry to oppose them. Sixth Corps is on the way but I'm going to lose some ground, river crossings, and horsey guys, before they get there. Second Corps is on the way to the northern most portion of my line to shore up defenses there and hopefully let 1st Corps consolidate some as they are awfully spread out. Sedgwick is going to have to head there when he comes on in another 7 long hours, hope it's soon enough. Rebel artillery is also getting in some good work as the turns go by. Managed to kill two guns in this turn with counterbattery fire. I've added two screenshots, one of the jump map showing you the overall situation and another of the victory dialog so you can see that the Confederates are slowing swinging this back to a draw. One part of history is not going to repeat itself in this campaign as Meade is not around to assume control of the AoP as somehow I managed to get him killed, I think it was in an artillery attack. Wonder who will be in charge when Hooker resigns?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well turn 44 has come and gone. The Rebels are putting minor pressure on the northernmost portion of my line but it is steadily increasing. 2nd Corps is deploying and will be moving in to assume part of the line to allow 1st Corps to consolidate and shore things up. I'm paying the price for leaving the supply wagons behind as I've got lots of regiments with low ammo and the wagons at least two turns away yet. In the center of my line the Rebels are putting on some real pressure and I had 4 or 5 routs. Fortunately I had reserves and my artillery there was set up to take advantage of their advance. Got a lot of nice enfilade shots in with the guns and I'm hoping he has some routs this turn. You can see in the first screenshot I posted. The gun duel continues in the center. Not sure who is getting the upper hand but I really don't care at this stage as I figure I've got the guns to spare and he probably doesn't. Completely lost track of that infantry in the south but I've got infantry headed that way. Just hope it isn't too much of a disaster when I find them. Only 6 more turns to dark and I'm going to have to figure out what I'm going to do then. Probably pull back some and consolidate under the guns of the artillery reserve on better ground. Hate to gain the fatigue by moving at night but I don't think I've got the troops to stay in place another day. Posted a victory dialog screen so you can see where we are at also.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well dusk has fallen over the battlefield so not near as much action. I did manage to spring a little trap at Fauquier White Sulphur Springs as he sent his cavalry over the ford to go for my seemingly uncovered guns. Only they weren't so uncovered as the screen shot will show.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After a work caused delay my Confederate opponent has offered me a minor victory which I accepted. This resulted in a draw for the campaign! However we have decided to start anew with a later starting point. Look for the new thread!