Share your M.E. screenshots here!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If anyone has some nice screen shots of their adventures in Middle Earth please share them here!

1. Find the picture you want, you might want to some "pre-editing" first: {to take off names = hit "N",} {hide all screen items = hit "F12" key}.

2. Then hit the "print scrn" button on your keyboard. The game automatically creates a LOTRO file in "My Documents" and saves all the screen-shots sequentially there, very easy. (Just need to rename them as you like.)
3. Go to your paint program.
4. Under "edit" click on "paste."
5. Then you can do more editing if shot needs any, cropping, resizing etc.
6. Save as .jpg or .gif- NEVER NEVER as a .bmp!!! Too large a file.

To attach your shot use the "manage attachments" tab within each post. Find where you saved you pict and upload then wait for it to complete.

Remember to crop your pict to include just the visual effect you want in the shot.

Evendim:
I went to the mountain top for a North view across the lake looking towards the Ranger outpost on Tinnundir, (island middle left) with the colossal Kings Crossing Statue (bridge) to the right.

The next is looking E with a section of the sunken & ruined capital of Annuminas in the background.
(sun was out so I had to shade my eyes!) :D

Last edited:

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: M.E. Screenies!

I'll have to remember to take some screens while playing. Being that I am low level, I'm sure I won't have anything that hasn't been seen before, but should be fun to do none the less.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I'm sure I won't have anything that hasn't been seen before...
Who says that's a bad thing? :D The more the better.:joy:

Never miss the opportunity for an interesting screenshot, or giving some good advice. :laugh:

Hard part is not posting a shot of something that might spoil a key aspect of the story line.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

How can you not like a game that lets you carry this around?:coolban:
Smile! :crosseye:

And, a shot of one of the cool & unexpected endings to a quest.:hail:

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I know I'm not the only one who can use the "prt scrn" button. :devious:

The game automatically creates a LOTRO file in "My Documents" and saves all the screen-shots sequentially there, very easy. (Just need to rename them as you like.)

"I don't think the Goblin King is going to be needing this anymore..."

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Hey MD, I see you're wearing the famous Hunter "masked bear-head" helm in those shots. Some nice stats and it came so close to looking awesome, but for some reason it never quite made a hit with me. I wore it for a long time but not visible.

Great pict in Forochel. They did an outstanding job on the graphics.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

Hey MD, I see you're wearing the famous Hunter "masked bear-head" helm in those shots. Some nice stats and it came so close to looking awesome, but for some reason it never quite made a hit with me. I wore it for a long time but not visible.

Great pict in Forochel. They did an outstanding job on the graphics.
I hate that ridiculous looking hat! Just this weekend I finally got another - from the lady in blue no less - but it is far less aggressive looking. :cry: It's, like, a Robin Hood hat with a feather in it. I don't know what's worse, the fact that it has elf associations, or the fact that it makes me my character look like an Italian paratrooper. :mad:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

I guess I should reveal my name if anyone should happen to see me sometime in Landroval...I may have to start up my own Kinship sometime, I have the perfect name in mind... :devious:

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Awesome name!! I will add you to my friends list the next time I am on.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

You know- that's not a name, that's the Canadian Alphabet.... :laugh:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Whew! :crosseye:
Been typing in MD's player name for a week, :eek:gre: finally got the last section done today so maybe I'll see him running around now. :popc1:

Assuming I can read all that before he runs bye me. :laugh:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

:blab: :blab: :blab: :p

I can't remember where I left off - I was doing some quests in the Forest of Fornost I believe and stopped off on the Trestlebridge for a breather.

I just "found" the path from Dol Dinen back into Meluinen before that, which I did not know existed - very cool; had taken the long route from the north from Esteldin - and picked up a collar on one of the Wargs on the way.

May be back over the weekend...

It is odd that we do not have the capacity to name our horses - isn't that bad luck?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I just "found" the path from Dol Dinen back into Meluinen before that, which I did not know existed - very cool; had taken the long route from the north from Esteldin.
What? I missed that! :crosseye:
Grrr :angry:
Now I'll have to go there to see it myself. :horse:

There are "special" areas hidden in the zones that lead to planned or never used locations. But I'm not going to waste my time hopping up & down searching for the "right" boulder or whatever just to see a place you can't do anything in. I think there was a designers island in WoW someplace too.

It is odd that we do not have the capacity to name our horses - isn't that bad luck?
Yes it is, especially when we can name our shoes (crafted ones). I expect that ability will be forthcoming. I have seen (of course) players calling out to their horses for them to "come here XX" or using a "Hi-HO Silver" like call as they ride off, (using hot-keys).

Nice to see players getting into & enjoying their LotRO game instead of harassing other players as in some other games.

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Just spending a quite evening around the fire and enjoying the view from my house. :)

Post your shots! :joy:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

The advantages of home ownership!

Tell us your address - so we can vandalize your place! :devious:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Besides the Orc version of Quasimodo standing next to "me," is that not a cool looking banner just tossed up in the corner of a room? Took me awhile to figure out what it was suppose to be.
{From one of the interesting "you are this person" quests.)

Come on & post something!

Last edited: