French Govt falls on 3rd July 1916 - sues for peace

Hood

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Oh how sweet it is - I think I won (playing as Germans) .....cannot 'speed' time - so I guess it means I won. The former 'English Channel' is now my pond , I have been cruising there & Nth Sea with my fast cls in seperate hunting groups since May (and capturing everything & sinking what remains of southern Brit forces). The Brit BCF was completely overwhelmed and destroyed in a furious night battle with my HSF in Feb (when Tiger went up it turned day into night)- the 3RD B.S likewise destroyed in a long chase by my B.C's and squadron of fast BB;s in April ... fun to play the game , but sad when you think of all those brave men (and boys) that died in the real thing so long ago .....
Now to try as the British !!!!
:cool:

Bullethead

Storm Eagle Studios
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh how sweet it is - I think I won (playing as Germans) .....cannot 'speed' time - so I guess it means I won.
Yeah, you enabled the German army to win the battle of Verdun and France collapsed. Congrats!

but sad when you think of all those brave men (and boys) that died
Well, that's just a few tens of thousands, perhaps a week's worth of casualties during a "quiet" spell in the trenches. So think of all the lives you saved by ending the Western Front 2.5 years early :).

Now to try as the British !!!!
Good luck :).

Hood

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
True Bullethead ..... those months in the trenches on the western front must have been as close to hell on earth as you can get ..... no wonder the French (and others) mutinied ... I would have joined them .....
Been reading your messages/discourses etc(tried to sound clever didn't I ) with awe ... I used to fancy myself as a bit of a naval expert - but am sadly outclassed on this forum I think .....

tthomas7

Recruit
Reaction score
Nicely done on the win. I'm currently in a similar situation. It's late April, and the channel monitors and the french armoured cruiser have been destroyed. As have the english battle cruisers, though I haven't touched the grand fleet or third battle squadron. I tried to lure them into a large mine field I set up in the north sea, but they didn't fall for it. Still, My cruisers roam the channel and both coasts of England with near impunity and are capturing dozens of transports every week. Unless something dramatic happens I suspect that the french will collapse at Verdun eventually.

But one question, with so many transports being captured I spend the vast majority of my time in the battle space at x20 time compression. I've tried the end battle button a few times but the cruisers have a tendency to chase some torpedo boat (even if it's outside of my visible radius) rather than the transport. They'll also happily run inside the range of shore batteries. And as brilliant a game as this is, I can only chase so many transports across the horizon before that gets old. Any suggestions on how I can speed up the next two months game time?

Hood

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yes , I had the same problems , my warship would close to ~11000 metres and then turn & maintain , so no capture - and like you describe (on time compression) ...I just had to do it the slow way .

rgreat

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Yes, transport chases are definitely immersion breakers for me too.
But i can only suggest to ignore transports, or only hunt for them at night.

Old transport routine: "set course and max speed, and go AFK while chasing at 20x speed" is sadly migrated from Distant Guns to Jutland.

I wish SES at some point just allow instant endings for these ones...

Last edited:

tthomas7

Recruit
Reaction score
this has gotten quite off topic from the original AAR, So I started a new thread here.

But thanks for the action report hood!