ATTENTION AATF BETA Testers...

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry to break in, but I have an important announcement for some of the folks that frequent this thread.

If you participated in the AATF BETA test a couple of years ago, check the e-mail address with which you are registered for the Shrapnel forum and/or your private messages on the Shrapnel forum. You may have been selected to participate in a test for our next project!

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I,'m afraid not. But I think you will be happy with what is in the works.

In the past, peop.e have expressed frustration with the long delay between releases, so we have decided to try a new distribution model. We are working on a couple serial "mini-games" that will be released in installments of 3 or 4 scenarios. Thi will also gradually increase the number of maps and vehicles for scenario builders to work with. Finally, in tough economic times, this allows folks to try our games for under 15 dollars, too.

The first mini-game is producec by Gary Bezant (TFW). It is a modern gae with Brit vehicles in a Brit training area. It is analogous to the NTC campaign for ATF. I've been play testing it and its a blast!

RedMike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got your heads up and I'm willing and able Pat.

Regards,
Greg "RedMike" Colman

KEYSTONE07950

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pat:
Do you anticipate having the modern Brit mini game out by June? What's coming down the pike afterwards?

The pace of (quality) game releases is so slow. More frequent mini game releases will keep the anticipation / reward level up and maintain interest in this great series.

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the first mini-game (British units) will be finished very soon. Well before June. I can't make any promises after that, but we have several games in the pipe...

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
The mini-game Battle Group Commander feautures 4 scenarios built around elements availalbe to a battle group commander. Each scenario covers a different aspect of operations with some scenarios featuring units predeployed and others allowing the player to deploy prior to scenario start. The data base features almost all of the equipment currently in use with the British Army so there is lots of scope for would be scenario builders. The mini-game is currently under going vigours play testing and hopefully will be available soon.

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
I know it's sort of off topic, but whatever happened to the article and game that Armchair General have? Did it get released or are they still sitting on it?:hmmm:

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is slated for publication in the October issue (on news stands 16 September).