Policy

Javelin60

Recruit
Reaction score
I cannot see why anyone would buy this game no matter how good it is and it's good. You purchase this game and have to have a license to play it. What goes on, now you don't buy a game you lease one. No, I feel they should do what other gaming companies do, put in a box, sell it and also offer it via a download too. We, as gamers should refuse to purchase games that require these ridiculous ways of taking your money. If I want to load a game I bought on two machines, thats my business not the company I bought the game from. When you buy say a bed, does the mattress company give you a license to ensure that you do not have more than one person in bed with you. This way of purchasing games is unfair to the gamer.

Zakalwe

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I cannot see, why anybody should ***** and moan about what other gamers do or purchase.

Don`t like? Don`t buy it.

Meanwhile I`m having great fun with the best Naval RTS I ever owned.

Z.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't like the DRM system either, but there are already a couple threads on it.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Oh for crying out loud why the heck do you open a new fracking threat instead of posting in the existing ones? You´re important right?

Javelin60

Recruit
Reaction score
If that be the case, why did you take the time to answer. What are you, the thread police, get a life. Also, take the time to learn how to spell, or use the abc check mark before you post.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, we have a right to express our opinion as well. If you didn't want a rebuttal, shouldn't have posted.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
If that be the case, why did you take the time to answer. What are you, the thread police, get a life. Also, take the time to learn how to spell, or use the abc check mark before you post.
There is one thing that just jumps into my mind!

Paladin851

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I cannot see why anyone would buy this game no matter how good it is and it's good. You purchase this game and have to have a license to play it. What goes on, now you don't buy a game you lease one. No, I feel they should do what other gaming companies do, put in a box, sell it and also offer it via a download too. We, as gamers should refuse to purchase games that require these ridiculous ways of taking your money. If I want to load a game I bought on two machines, thats my business not the company I bought the game from. When you buy say a bed, does the mattress company give you a license to ensure that you do not have more than one person in bed with you. This way of purchasing games is unfair to the gamer.
At my age I don't need you or anybody else for that mater telling me what I should or shouldn't spend my money on. Its mine, I earned it and I will do as I please with it. This whole anti DRM campaign has gotten tiresome . If you don't like the DRM don't buy the game ......seems a simple enough solution to me.

HReardon

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If you don't like the DRM don't buy the game ......seems a simple enough solution to me.
And please, please, having decided not to buy the game, just shut up about it and let us converse about tactics. It's not like you are going to convince any of us to ask for a refund.

Batou

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe you like MMO's you buy the game but, can't play unless you keep paying and paying!

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Meanwhile I`m having great fun with the best Naval RTS I ever owned
As am I. I'm not even a naval game fan (except those where sails are still used) but I have to say I am having a blast playing this one, even with the repeated butt whippings I have taken.

Before purchasing I worried more about vista compatibility than the drm or other issues that might have cropped up. So far, even with vista, I have actually had no problems getting this one to install and run. Can't say that about a few other games I recently purchased.

Slider6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Second the motion to limit the "D" subject to one of the current existing threads..lol (like we get a vote) More than one isn't needed. It already gets more post and views than the rest of the board combined.

I've had a few crashes, but I haven't determined the cause yet. I can end out of program, but lose progress from last save(happened about 5 times now). I run background task (shock! My primary use my computer for something other than gaming!) I need more info and to try a few things before I cry wolf. This is one game I'll turn off my background tasks for.

I'm a hopeless naval game fan.
Other companies..lol..anyone try Pacific Storm when it first came out:)
SES puts out a good product. They did good on initial release.

As am I. I'm not even a naval game fan (except those where sails are still used) but I have to say I am having a blast playing this one, even with the repeated butt whippings I have taken.

Before purchasing I worried more about vista compatibility than the drm or other issues that might have cropped up. So far, even with vista, I have actually had no problems getting this one to install and run. Can't say that about a few other games I recently purchased.

navysim

Recruit
Reaction score
Made your point. Don't bother reading about the game again. If you don't like it, why are you here? I take a family of four to the movies, $60 in tickets and $40 in snacks, all for about 2 hours of enjoyment. I bought this game for less and have enjoyed it for hundreds of hours and more awaiting.:joy: I don't know how long it will last but I did get my money out of it. By the way, when you went to the movies the last time, did they give you a DVD of it to take home and watch over and over again? :shock: After all, you did pay for the movie. Like you mentioned, there are other companies and games out there....go find one you like. If you like this one, and it seems that you do, enjoy it as it is. I thank SES for providing this great game which allows me to submerge myself in history that if not for them, I would not have this enjoyment :thumup:. Hundreds of hours for just $50 :banana:, give or take $10. I don't cry over $10 or $15 dollars. LOL. I spent over $2,000 on a custom built gaming computer, not going to complain over the price of the game. I would have paid $90 for the fun and hours that I have spent playing it. So...:violin: and :ciao: !!

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This thread was dead for more than five years. Perhaps it would be better to post over at the Stormpowered forum. They seem to need new posts even more!