What boardgames have you played recently?

djpeteski2

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some would say that I've run Winter War into the ground :) Seriously, though, still running the event (10th one this year), and we have a great ASL room at the new hotel (just down the street from the Chancellor) ... ample space and windows, a great room.

You gotta take your poker winnings and come back next year ... have to give you a chance to win me back from Darrell.
Yea, your like the high school slut that gets passed around. How many people you get this year? When you gonna update the site?

Not sure if I will be allowed back, remarried and the wife knows about the main sex kitten I used to fool around with up there. Man the things she did. She is married now too, but a while back she sent me pictures of her sucking some guy off. Her husband was taking the pictures!

DJ "I didn't really need it, but I had back ups" Peteski

Brien Martin

Panthera oncia
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"have to give you a chance to win me back from Darrell."

I sure didn't keep you around for your memory. Remember a couple weeks ago when I traded you to Hildebran?? They needed a new do-rag manager for the Grofaz slayer Shelling.
I thought I was on loan during the free transfer period ...

If Hildebran is the present owner, well, no way in hell Pete's ever gonna win me back.

Brien

Brien Martin

Panthera oncia
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yea, your like the high school slut that gets passed around. How many people you get this year? When you gonna update the site?

Not sure if I will be allowed back, remarried and the wife knows about the main sex kitten I used to fool around with up there. Man the things she did. She is married now too, but a while back she sent me pictures of her sucking some guy off. Her husband was taking the pictures!

DJ "I didn't really need it, but I had back ups" Peteski
Well, since I didn't get the chance to be a slut in high school, I guess I'll take what I can get as I approach the big 4-5.

The site is being updated and should be posted with 2009 dates and all 2008 award winners, Hall of Fame recipients, etc.

If it helps, we can set up a webcam at your game table so that the wife can check in on you throughout the weekend.

It's funny you mention that. There was a player (whose name escapes me at the moment) at WW who took a phone call from his wife during the Saturday evening round. Apparently, she thought he was stepping out on her! We told him to call her back, and we'd all say "hello" to her so she'd know he was actually where he said he was.

He called, held up his phone, and we all yelled "hello" ... she was appeased.

Brien "My wife knows better than to ask me that question while I'm at a tourney. She knows I'll find one of the female RPGers and have her answer the phone the next time she calls ..."

djpeteski2

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Pete, who's the Mouseketeer in your avatar?
That is no other than Ailzee. The only hot French person in the world. Apparently she also bathes, which is very out of character for any European and especially the French.

She wiggles like a freakin' snake turn off the sound and watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSxEjwXHcM

BTW Brien, that guy that went on the shooting rampage at NIU, did you ever correct his double billing?

Brien Martin

Panthera oncia
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BTW Brien, that guy that went on the shooting rampage at NIU, did you ever correct his double billing?
OMG ... I can't believe I laughed like hell at this ...

Maybe I should tell our university police that one ... they've been trying to piece together why he did what he did, and why he came back to his alma mater to do it.

For the record, I fixed the double billing posthumously ... I doubled it again!

Brien "It's sick and twisted, but for some reason, it feels good to be able to laugh about it ..."

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To get this thread back on topic....

Hey! That's my Fish. My 6 yo really likes it, and has picked it up quick.
Ticket to Ride - the only game my wife will play that isn't Scrabble or Boggle
Flying Colors - Simplified age of sail from GMT, good game that allows a couple of us to get in Trafalgar in a few hours.
Silent War - have it set up and play on VASSAL, makes it easy to play without kids destroying the setup.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>Ticket to Ride - the only game my wife will play that isn't Scrabble or Boggle

Have her try Alhambra. Very good cross over game and it's very easy, but addicting. My boys love it. Even though I don't like Carcassone I've heard that this is also an excellent cross over game.

If you are looking for an excellent two player card game then I cannot recommend Lost Cities highly enough. It hooks them every time.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
To get this thread back on topic....

Hey! That's my Fish.
I thought that was the game we played but now I'm not sure. I could swear it was a Mayfair game cuz we played it at GenCon in the Mayfair gameroom. You were supposed to collect fish but you had boats and I don't remember any penguins. There were cards involved and some fake worms that you could get points for (and seemed to break the game). Any ideas what game I'm thinking of? :hmmm:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just to keep this thread on topic:

I have the computer game of "Warlords" & "Warlords2".

They both keep me entertained at lunch.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played D&D last night. My Elf Magic-User, Guyes Druses Zypher, almost died from a giant spiders bite (18 points damage vs 16 HP) Ouch! Great game though, are DM is taking are group through a module called "The Burrows of the Forgotten King."

Scott

djpeteski2

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Poker,

Was in Vegas after super bowl solo
2/4 up 428
2/5 down 82
2/6 up 845

Pretty good given that I was in Vegas for free.
That is a good time......
Actually it is better than that. On 2/5 I was down 82, but then took down a bounty tourney (that I forgot about). $85 entry, $10 on each head, about 20 of us. First paid 540, and I got 7 bounties. So the net for the day was about $440 prior to tip. Since second stiffed the dealer I dropped like $80 in the bucket. I then won $120 at craps then went to bed. Karma baby.

How ya doin George?

Last edited:

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just to keep this thread on topic:

I have the computer game of "Warlords" & "Warlords2".

They both keep me entertained at lunch.
Ah, the classics....

Played Star Fleet Battles last month (as with most month's wargaming sessions), and should be playing Soldier Kings next weekend.

And, in interests of full disclosure, I spend too much time on World of Warcraft.

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TAHGC Waterloo. We played a 4 player game. The two French commanders decided that having their troops continuously charge into the gleaming bayonets of the Prussians and dying thereupon was the best way to obtain a victory...NOT! Fail! Pwnd by the PAA!

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
A group of us are playing the highly regarded GMT game of "1914 - Twilight in the East" by Michael Resch appropriately in East Bend, NC. A long time gamer has a game barn on an old tobacco field that his family owns. Isolated from civilization including on a dirt road, you'd think it might catch the FBI's interest why every Monday night there are suddenly cars in this remote area.

Among some of the players are a local politician and a Wake Forrest professor. I myself get a kick in moving pieces through my grandfather's home town. We're still learning the game, however, and collectively making many mistakes. Michael Resch seems to come back to us about twenty minutes after sending a request for a rules clarification (rules are generally clean).

swellington

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I still just do World in Flames other than ASL for board games. Just got my Russians slaughtered in a 1942 Barbarossa campaign, i took over as Russia for a player who bailed out, i was facing axis freindly Turkish border,Finland,Rumania,Japan (in the east),axis conquered Persia, and a Pro axis Ukraine break away nation,it was over before it began....so we are starting over in 3 weeks.

Used to do some roleplaying when i was younger but havent in years, no group anymore.

And i indulge in some PC & PS3 console games(madden 09',GTA4,Battlefield 1942,etc.)