Sox and Yanks

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Before 2004? Come on, you gotta explain that. Or is it irrational hatred!?
Mostly cuz of Manny & Pedro. At least you've gotten rid of one of them (looks like just in time, the guy can't stay healthy now).

Salary caps...hate 'em. I know it helps competitive balance, but parity can be boring. There is something more...i don't know..."romantic"...about having the perrienial powerhouses and the little teams that could, like Tampa Bay (Tampon Bayon the local radio) challenge for the title.
I agree but it will help those teams like KC & PIT keep their players instead of being farm teams to the Red Sox, Yanks, Dodgers, etc.

One WS in 100 years!? Never happened! We were a WWI era dynasty! :D
Better than the Cubs. :cool:

I agree that three super bowls and 2 WS titles in the last seven years has made Boston fans a bit, shall we say, "confident", but it is a lot better feeling having you hating us than slapping us on the back and saying "Nice try, better luck next year."
I like the Pats but the fans are just obnoxious. :(

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nobody outside of NY hated the Red Sox before 2004, so I say, GO AHEAD AND BRING ON THAT LOSER TALK
I respectfully beg to differ sir. I am from North Carolina and have despised both the Red Sox and the Patriots for all of my sentient life. And I am not alone. The only Red Sox fans down here are the ones that moved in from the Northeast (Ironically, in our book that makes them D@mn Yankees because they moved to NC and stayed). However, there are MANY native Yankees fans. It is not because the Yankees are winners, it is because they are not whiners and don't have whiner fans.

What is most disconcerting about Red Sox fans is the inherent arrogance, sense of entitlement, and the assumption that they know exactly where and why people root for teams other than the Red Sox. We should acknowledge without reservation or complaint that they know what is best for our poor, benighted souls.

Red Sox fans also tend not have have either imagination or wit, as evidenced by the comment above. So here is some 'loser talk' for you PZchala:

All Red Sox fans are going to hell. Legions of fang-wombed hags will take their pleasure on their shattered carcasses. Their flesh will be melted from their bones like wax in the burning embrace of Praxitas, Duke of Those Willingly Led Astray. They'll be sodomized by the Fallen and their bowels shredded by a demonic ejaculate of burning sand, which, coincidentally, resembles your team colors.

KingNothing12

Reaction score
Country
llRomania
I respectfully beg to differ sir. I am from North Carolina and have despised both the Red Sox and the Patriots for all of my sentient life. And I am not alone. The only Red Sox fans down here are the ones that moved in from the Northeast (Ironically, in our book that makes them D@mn Yankees because they moved to NC and stayed). However, there are MANY native Yankees fans. It is not because the Yankees are winners, it is because they are not whiners and don't have whiner fans.

What is most disconcerting about Red Sox fans is the inherent arrogance, sense of entitlement, and the assumption that they know exactly where and why people root for teams other than the Red Sox. We should acknowledge without reservation or complaint that they know what is best for our poor, benighted souls.

Red Sox fans also tend not have have either imagination or wit, as evidenced by the comment above. So here is some 'loser talk' for you PZchala:

All Red Sox fans are going to hell. Legions of fang-wombed hags will take their pleasure on their shattered carcasses. Their flesh will be melted from their bones like wax in the burning embrace of Praxitas, Duke of Those Willingly Led Astray. They'll be sodomized by the Fallen and their bowels shredded by a demonic ejaculate of burning sand, which, coincidentally, resembles your team colors.
I am not a whiner!:cry:

pdutram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like Francona but lately he has been leaving the pitchers in too long, way too long.
I generally agree, but so far this year we haven't had any reliable middle relief, so it's hard to blame him. I think the starting pitchers are thinking that they'd better go into the 8th too. Maybe Masterson will change things for the bullpen.

pdutram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
By the way, speaking of class fans - - do you really think if the All-Star Game had been played in Boston that you would have heard the universal booing of Yankee players when they were introduced, like you heard from the always obnoxious Yankee fans when the Red Sox players were introduced. That was actually startling to me; I couldn't imagine Red Sox fans acting so low class in an All-Star game.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
By the way, speaking of class fans - - do you really think if the All-Star Game had been played in Boston that you would have heard the universal booing of Yankee players when they were introduced, like you heard from the always obnoxious Yankee fans when the Red Sox players were introduced. That was actually startling to me; I couldn't imagine Red Sox fans acting so low class in an All-Star game.
I can. It seems that is becoming the thing to do league wide. :(

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Just not like the dead ball era, right psycho?:laugh:
Who're you sayin has dead balls? :blab:

Seriously, seems like since about 2000 or a little before that fans have become more rabid for their team and anti-opposing team than in past years.

KingNothing12

Reaction score
Country
llRomania
You are not endearing yourself to any of us from the Northeast mister. That tearing sound you ask? That's yer name getting ripped from my christmas list....

Oh wait, I can still give you something. Now I know who to give all my worn out blow-up girls to. Don't mind that they all look like Darrell, I had to pay extra for that..

:p
Can I have them?

KingNothing12

Reaction score
Country
llRomania
Who're you sayin has dead balls? :blab:

Seriously, seems like since about 2000 or a little before that fans have become more rabid for their team and anti-opposing team than in past years.
I agree, and just makin' another age joke psycho.

Go sox.:vsign:

pdutram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, I can see it in a regular game (except Sox fans will always cheer for M. Rivera, because we know the Sox have his number). But in an All-Star game!!! Real class.

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
So they're saying Manny might be a free agent next year. I'd love to see him end up back in Cleveland for a couple of years. He'd be a perfect fit methinks. Unfortunately, he might also be a perfect fit in the bronx.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
So they're saying Manny might be a free agent next year. I'd love to see him end up back in Cleveland for a couple of years. He'd be a perfect fit methinks. Unfortunately, he might also be a perfect fit in the bronx.
God no. The Yanks don't need to get older. And they don't need a clueless moron in the field. :angry:

bryanspellman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just another frustrated Yankees fan feeling like they have a god given right to be in the WS and it's been taken away. This Yankees management is going to give the fans feelings of despair. Nothing like seeing the Yankees fans expressions in 04 to make my day......still get a laugh out of seeing them.
WOW, see that is the difference between us. I am not frustrated in the least, coming out of the all star break we have been gangbusters, and going from last place in the East to 3 out of first and still in the hunt is not frustrating at all. Plus we landed a good trade yesterday without giving up major talent. I had written off the year as a rebuilding year but yet there is still hope to win it all.

DO I think it is my right as a Yankee fan to have my team in the WS every year, YOU DAMN RIGHT IT IS, but then again that should be the right of EVERY FAN OF BASEBALL. My friend is a die hard Pirates fan and Day One I was ripping him (good naturedly) but yet everyday we talk about our team's last game and he still has hope, hope that they'll play well and finish better than last year and maybe cross over that hump and get back to the playoffs, that is a real baseball fan.

So do I honestly think the Yankees will be in the WS this year, if you asked me on July10th I would have said NO WAY, it'll be Cubs/Rays this year. But now we have a shot and that is why we play 162!!!!

GO YANKS BEAT SOXS :laugh:

bryanspellman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please, boo them all day long!!! They are the enemy in my territory! They will be booed. Bravo to true Yankee fan!!!!

As for class, I have been to many Yankee games were the fans will cheer a good play, good hit or milestone for a visiting player!

Oh no they booed a rival player at the all star game, sounds like someone who likes to go to baseball games where they do not keep score and everyone's a winner...

I guess Pete Rose should have politely tapped the catcher on the shoulder and asked him to please not block the plate during the all star game as he would like to score pretty please...

I guess instead of chin music the pitcher should call a time out so he and the batter can hug it out...

You want class ask Ted Williams how he was treated in Boston during his playing years. THAT was class...