Sox and Yanks

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am preparing to enjoy another meeting between the World Champs and the Yankees. Looking at the starting pitchers I am reminded of a thing or two.

The scheduled starter for the Yanks, a Mr. Chamberlain, as I recall, was taking much advice from his mentor last year, a certain Mr. Clemens, who no longer figures in such events, the poor misguided sod. Chamberlain found that throwing at batters heads will get you kicked out of a game and perhaps even some new teeth in the bargain. This I believe was due to some bad advice.

I am hoping that Mr. Chamberlain has found a new mentor, one that knows he is not bigger than the game. However, It will be interesting to see how things develop...

:stirthepot: :popc1:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hate the Red Sox! :freak:

Go Yanks and Rays! :hurray:

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The important series this weekend is the Sox-Tigers.

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hate the Red Sox! :freak:

Go Yanks and Rays! :hurray:
You are not endearing yourself to any of us from the Northeast mister. That tearing sound you ask? That's yer name getting ripped from my christmas list....

Oh wait, I can still give you something. Now I know who to give all my worn out blow-up girls to. Don't mind that they all look like Darrell, I had to pay extra for that..

:p

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You are not endearing yourself to any of us from the Northeast mister. That tearing sound you ask? That's yer name getting ripped from my christmas list....

Oh wait, I can still give you something. Now I know who to give all my worn out blow-up girls to. Don't mind that they all look like Darrell, I had to pay extra for that..

Well, where do we start?

1B Kevin "Greek God of Walks" Youkilis - a hothead, we could go with Youk but lets come with something longer than his real name for a nickname, and he's not Greek :nuts:

2B Dustin Pedroia - David Eckstein's midget brother, swings from the heels with an uppercut while rarely striking out or popping up :hmmm:

SS Julio Lugo - the human error machine, since he's injured you should be fine since you are forced to play Lowrie or Cora

3B Mike Lowell - great defense and good clutch hitting, wanted to let him go and get ARod in the off season :nuts:

C Jason Varitek - abyssmal at the plate but good behind it

LF Manny Ramirez - a head case
, plays a horrible LF, luckily in Boston where there isn't much LF, luckily he can still hit (though he was bad for a month or more)

CF Jacoby Ellsbury - batting leadoff with an avg quickly headed south, tremendous speed and good defensive skills

RF JD Drew - good arm and pretty good in the OF, fortunately for you he got hot when Ortiz got hurt

DH David Ortiz - gotta hurry and get him back cuz we had slightly better numbers and a better winning pct without him :nuts:

Reserves: Crisp - an overrated punk; Casey - hitting over his head most of the year and didn't get much playing time while doing it

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Don't mind that they all look like Darrell, I had to pay extra for that."

The licensing fees that brings in are spectacular. At least they will be. I've only shipped one, to some "downeast bunker".

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

ALL of your worn out blow up girls look like Darrel?

What can I do to rip that image from my mind?.....

Made me laugh though, so it's not all bad...

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"What can I do to rip that image from my mind?....."

I had to rep him as it was pretty freakin' disturbing. :)

Oh yeah, Yankees suck. Psycho being a Yankees fan only validates that idea.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
"What can I do to rip that image from my mind?....."

Not a Yankees fan but close to it. I like Jeter, Mussina, Matsui, Damon and Rivera. I also hate the Red Sox.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Third Test in the four-match series starts at Edgbaston on 30 July. Thats next Wednesday.

Great news for England is that Dale Steyn broke his thumb on Monday. South Africa's leading fast bowler is therfore out, possibly for the series.

We'll know the England squad at 10:40 BST tomorrow...

dwardzala

Va Tech Hokie
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Third Test in the four-match series starts at Edgbaston on 30 July. Thats next Wednesday.

Great news for England is that Dale Steyn broke his thumb on Monday. South Africa's leading fast bowler is therfore out, possibly for the series.

Aren't you short a couple of bases and have one too many batters?

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now here's a man who knows a bit about baseball.

There's precious little time for hate, so I'll try and make some sense of your drivel...:clown:

Well, where do we start?

1B Kevin "Greek God of Walks" Youkilis - a hothead, we could go with Youk but lets come with something longer than his real name for a nickname, and he's not Greek :nuts:
Having 95mph heaters aimed at yer head might make you angry too. He still didn't charge the mound though, so hothead might not be accurate here.

2B Dustin Pedroia - David Eckstein's midget brother, swings from the heels with an uppercut while rarely striking out or popping up :hmmm:
He's currently batting .321 currently with some impressive streaks this year (currently). :p

SS Julio Lugo - the human error machine, since he's injured you should be fine since you are forced to play Lowrie or Cora
I can't argue there. Defense and offense lacking real substance, but a part of the championship lineup nonetheless. Lowrie looks ok. Cora also an excellent back-up.

3B Mike Lowell - great defense and good clutch hitting, wanted to let him go and get ARod in the off season :nuts:
Who wanted to get A-Rod?? Mike's the man, WS MVP, good dugout presence and great clutch hitter. Not sure A-Rod will ever sniff a ring.

His defense, batter knowledge, and pitcher management more than make up for his lack of offense this season. He might just go on a hitting tear sooner or later.

LF Manny Ramirez - a head case
, plays a horrible LF, luckily in Boston where there isn't much LF, luckily he can still hit (though he was bad for a month or more)
You said it, he can hit. The Yanks will be looking at his situation at the end of the season I'd imagine. Lots of times I think that they can have him. I mean really, that flop onto the ball was classic Manny idiocy. Embarrassing, and yet he wasn't embarassed, hmmm.

CF Jacoby Ellsbury - batting leadoff with an avg quickly headed south, tremendous speed and good defensive skills
This guy has skills, needs a really good hitting coach to teach him patience at the plate. He'll be fine replacement for Manny at least in the field and on the bases. This is a big series for him.

RF JD Drew - good arm and pretty good in the OF, fortunately for you he got hot when Ortiz got hurt
Obviously.

DH David Ortiz - gotta hurry and get him back cuz we had slightly better numbers and a better winning pct without him :nuts:
When you say we you almost make me think that you'd like to be a Sox fan, but .... Big Papi? What's not to love? Lots of pressure on him I'd imagine. How he deals with it will determine how many games we win the Division by.

Reserves: Crisp - an overrated punk; Casey - hitting over his head most of the year and didn't get much playing time while doing it
Coco is getting a rep as a punk I guess, but he's a fighter, not a lover like you. He is above average defensively, got great speed and smart. His dad was a boxer and he can handle himself around much bigger guys. So he takes no guff, would you? Not to condone violence in sports or anything, but in a straight up one on one, my money's on him vs anyone on the Yankee bench. Send out Goliath (Joba), that I'd pay good cash to see. Speaking of Cash, he's been a more than adequate replacement for Mirabelli catching Wakefield, and he can hit. Casey needs more ABs, not sure how that will happen with Youk and Ortiz healthy.

Pitching. We got that covered. Just keep Papelbon away from the microphone, please.

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I get creeped out reading it too. Can I rep myself...I mean, afterwards..?

Sorry, it was a long hard week, really long, and hard...oh there I go again.

You should maybe ban me, or at least, ya know, slap my junk around a bit.

:laugh:

Bigkayeh

Court Jester of absurdity
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I get creeped out reading it too. Can I rep myself...I mean, afterwards..?

Sorry, it was a long hard week, really long, and hard...oh there I go again.

You should maybe ban me, or at least, ya know, slap my junk around a bit.

:laugh:
Give's a whole new meaning to the thread title.:nuts:

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Every thing I know about Cricket came from The Hitchikers Guide to The Galaxy.:p

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Worst thing is the problems the England selectors have trying to put together a credible strike force. Its not as though we're lacking talent. Hoggard, Harmison and Simon Jones (he's Welsh you know?) are all ready to go, but the shared braincell of the ECB seems unable to make a decision we can appreciate.

Bring back the heroes of the Ashes from 2005 I say. Can't do any worse than we did at at Headinlgly.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho

His defense, batter knowledge, and pitcher management more than make up for his lack of offense this season. He might just go on a hitting tear sooner or later.

Better yet, let the pitchers hit and DH for 'tek...